Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tia's been for her stitches out today and we are both very pleased! I'm pleased that she made it without any major mishaps and she's pleased because she doesn't have to wear her elizabethan collar anymore!

She was a really good girl while the vet took her stitches out - just tried to lick her to death. The only slight fly in ointment is that she is still a little swollen so I have to watch that and she also has conjuctivitis so she's having to have drops in her eyes twice a day for the next week! Other than that we are both jumping around for joy!!!!:boldblue: :pinkie:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
That's good news. The hard part's over.

Before long you'll be reaping the benifits of not having to suffer through heat cycles. One was more than enough for Mensa!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't realised Mensa had had one. I did seriously consider letting Tia go through one but decided against it - I must admit I'm quite relieved now!

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Glad she's all better - good luck with the eye drop - that seems like it'd be a real challenge! Hope her eyes clear up quick & remember to wash you hands tons. :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yes Adajane,

Mensa went through one heat cycle. My Vet says it's best to spay them before their first heat, and Mensa's Breeder wanted to wait until about half-way between her first and her second heat cycle. So that's the route I went.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all for your kind words. Tia's been an absolute doll with her drops - no problem whatsoever!!!! How much do I love this dog??!!!!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Tia sounds like such a sweet girl! Glad to hear she's doing well.

Java contracted conjunctivitis at the DP and was better than I thought she'd be when I had to apply the drops. The hand-washing reminder goes double from me. Best to dry hands on a paper towel and throw it away. Pink eye can survive on fabric towels and then spread to the rest of the family. You may also want to wash any towels, blankets she sleeps on daily for the same reason and so she doesn't re-infect herself.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
javasMom thank you for your advice. I know its extremely contagious in humans but I hadn't realised it was the same for furbabies. Looks like loads of washing for me (and its pouring with rain!!)

And yes Tia is a very sweet girl although she does have her moments!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts