Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mine does this as well... nothing beats a good stick, and it's all part of the teething process.

The only thing that I worry about is this:

stick - wood
Furniture at home - wood

Seems they taste the same... they just need to learn that sticks are mobile and furniture is not... expect for the bookcase my little girl moved at 16 weeks because she wanted OUT!! Hard to be mad at innovation like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does this as well... nothing beats a good stick, and it's all part of the teething process.

The only thing that I worry about is this:

stick - wood
Furniture at home - wood

Seems they taste the same... they just need to learn that sticks are mobile and furniture is not... expect for the bookcase my little girl moved at 16 weeks because she wanted OUT!! Hard to be mad at innovation like that.
She is trying to get to some furniture, but we keep a pretty close eye on her. lol That was my first thought as well. I figure if she wants to chew on wood, I might as well let her know it's ok outside, just not inside. Thanks!

·
Alpha
2,508 Posts
Mine does this as well. I take them away and he finds a new one. I keep tons of chewies but he loves sticks.

Reactions: Wrigley

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Chewing sticks is just fine. Swallowing all the chewed off pieces is not fine! I always teach my pups to 'spit it out' on command. If they don't, I take the stick away.

if your pup is teething they will want to chew on just about everything!!! try giving the pup a big raw carrot to chew on, especially a cold one out of the fridge. Feels good on their poor hot gums!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Mine loves sticks and rocks, I have to watch her like a hawk. This evening she was chewing the bark off my big tree. She has toys and bully sticks, but nature seems to be her thing. I try to keep her from actually eating them.

·
Alpha
2,508 Posts
I call my dobe a goat.

Reactions: paws
1 - 7 of 7 Posts