Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Zealand Kennel Club - Accredited Breeders Program (Breed Info)

The NZKC has started an accredited breeders scheme, last year when I saw the health testing suggested for Dobes I was pretty disappointed (I think it might have just been hips), but it's looking up now! Would love to see the "optional" taken away, but at least it's a positive step for a country far behind the USA in terms of health testing :D

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Sounds similar to the AKC's "Breeder Of Merit" program. That might be what it's based on.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The saddest thing is that dogs with poor health win shows on looks and healthy dobes arent as attractive so noone breeds from them. I mean, I am well aware of what I have gotten myself into and Idk but thats great news Disco!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
The saddest thing is that dogs with poor health win shows on looks and healthy dobes arent as attractive so noone breeds from them. I mean, I am well aware of what I have gotten myself into and Idk but thats great news Disco!
While there are a large portion like that there are also those that really do care and breed accordingly.
And I dunno, there are a huge number of dogs out there w/Ch in front of the name that I can't wrap my head around- would be interesting to know what the true aesthetic would wind up being if health were #1 in the ring.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
I hope this can put a bit of pressure on the Aussie breeders to lift their game re health tests.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts