Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Malika likes to gulp down the cat food, and dig in the trash...she especially likes to eat already used feminine sanitary products. Bleechh!

·
Registered
107 Posts
We keep the cat food up on a "shelf" type thing away from the dogs. The cats are capable of jumping up but the dogs aren't. As for the trash, we put the trash up when we leave the house. We have a trash can with a lid on it, so they generally don't bother it. But if they start getting a little too interested a good "NO." stops 'em.... Never had a problem with the use feminine products though!! Sounds gross!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I would definitely remove the problem items. Whether it be to get a garbage can with a snap lid (not just a flip lid) or keep the garbage can in a cupboard.

Someday they might get something dangerous out of there, like a cat can lid or something like that. Not to mention if a sanitary napkin get lodged in one of their digestive tracks, you could be looking at surgery.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I agree, remove all objects you do not want them to get into....We have a baby gate for the cats litter box. Our cat bowels are ontop of the Washer/Dryer (Cats need exercise to jump, anyway) and the trash is always secured. If they never have the oppurtunity to get into that, they won't try. Look around to see how to doggy proof those things....I know those things all look good to a dog...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She does well most of the time, I need
To buy something for the cat food/water.
Like a tall table. Malika likes to be outside
More then in, she loves to chase moths and smell scents in the air and listen for other
Dogs and people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts