Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of starting an online store for Doberman supplies... clothes, collars, leashes etc. Or a store for large dog excessories.

The purpose of the store would be to donate a percent of the funds to Doberman rescues.

What do you guys think? Or is there something out there like this already?

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
Jonesy's Mom makes real nice collars. I still have to place an order for Kano so I can add to her obnoxious collection. :)

There are sites out there that do it, but that doesn't mean that there can't be, or shouldn't be, more of them! I think it's a wonderful idea, and I know all rescues would appreciate it.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
How do you go about proving the money goes to the rescue. Does the rescue issue receipts?

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Hmm Maybe you could sell your collars on my site! ;)

How do you advertise your collars now?
Just a Facebook Page, I tried the whole website thing but I gave up cause it was too much work lol, mostly I've been making collars by word of mouth

The only problem with making them before hand they really aren't adjustable so it's a 1 collar fits 1 dog kinda thing... Unless you get a slip collar

How do you go about proving the money goes to the rescue. Does the rescue issue receipts?
Proving for people to know or for your own records?

I just a have a facebook page for my collars that says a percentage will go to help Doberman rescues.

As far as a rescue issuing a receipt, I am sure if you asked they would provide one, I've never cared to ask for one, I have the receipt from my paypal account

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Proving for people to know I guess, that it ends up where a person says it is going?

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Proving for people to know I guess, that it ends up where a person says it is going?
I guess my answer would be trust....
I wouldn't know anyway to prove to people that I actually donate to a rescue... Unless they wanted to see my receipts.

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
It is awesome that you are helping rescues. They need all the support they can get!

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I would definitely support more online stores which support dobe rescues, no matter what side of the pond they're one :)

I find I dont buy a lot of merch, I would buy a lot more but there is not much avaliable with dobes with natural ears and tails.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Thank you everyone for all the advice.

These are some great points!

About proving that they receive the funds I would post the amount and which rescue it was provided too.

I was also going to ask each rescue to provide my website information on their sites so everyone knows its legite.

I am thinking 40-50% of the profit should go to rescues.

And for Amelia, how about some pretty little bows for those floppy ears? I could sell them on my site.

The dobe clothes I have found on sites are extremly expensive $75 + and they do not donate that money. Yikes!

Im looking at affordable clothing collars costumes accessories etc.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts