Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Adopted 'Jax' about a year ago when he was 13 months. He has been quite an excellent companion and addition to our family. He has a Golden Rtrvr 'Ellie' and a German Shprd 'Compa' as step sister and brother.

Jax has a wonderful disposition. He is suspicous of strangers but is very accepting of new friends. He is very good around other animals.

I am delighted with Jax specifically and think he is very representative of Dobermans in general. He loves being close to and around my family all the time. A velcro dog. I like that.

Look forward to seeing more Dobermantalk.com.
Cheers,
Jeff

Jax and Ellie - YouTube

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT!

It seems like you have two males in your household? Please look up male-male aggression in dobermans as it's a genetic issue that can't simply be trained out of them.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Jax is SO cute. He looks happy happy and healthy. I like his docked and not cropped look. How did you happen to adopt him? I can't imagine someone giving him up. Oh, welcome from Kansas City.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

as mentioned.............read up on dog aggression in male doberman, just be aware.

Bless you for choosing to Adopt!!! Rescues are the BEST!

Hugz to ALL your furkids!

·
joie de vivre
11,252 Posts
Welcome from Springfield!

Jax is a handsome boy. Glad to hear he's been a good fit for your family.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,273 Posts
Welcome to DT from Texas!
WOW, that's some backyard you have! Looks like a paradise for your dogs! :nicejob:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts