Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Melissa and along with my newly wed husband Tim we would like to introduce you to our newest house member: Sprocket. He is 13 weeks old today. He joins our 2 cats, guinea pig, and fish here in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA..

I took my time and found a great breeder. We were on the waiting list for a puppy and so excited. Only the bitch didn't get pregnant. :( In searching for resources we found a 9 wk old boy pup who was looking for a home. He was adorable and we brought him home. On the way home, as he snuggled in my lap, I noticed a funny looking toe. Turns out that breeder whom we only met on adoption day (our mistake) was a rather lousy mother. He had dislocated his toe weeks ago. It's beyond repair. He doesn't limp much at all unless he's been playing really hard. The Vet and I are waiting until he's older before he goes under for the surgery to have it amputated. This will probably be when he's six months old and getting neutered too. He's also already had a bladder infection which was terrible for his housebreaking.

It's been quite the adventure for us first time dog owners.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,460 Posts
Welcome to DT! Be sure to check out the educational archive section of the forum! I'm a little confused about how you say you "adopted" him from the breeder.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri - so very sorry to hear that he has these problems. Hope he is better soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a little confused about how you say you "adopted" him from the breeder.
Purchased from a breeder? I don't know what the appropriate term is. Even from a rescue there is money that changes hands. Whatever you like, we paid, brought him and made him a family member. :)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk Forums!!! Cute little man!!!!
Sorry about the toe, poor guy. Hugz to him!!!!

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri! He's a cutie. :) That's awful about his toe. I hope the BYB didn't neglect the puppies in other ways as well but it makes me wonder.

Good luck with him and post more pics!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts