Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Gus is about a year, yes. As of lately he has not been chewing on things but has been incredibly hyper and even urinating in the house! He stays on a strict pee schedule usually and has not had an accident in months! It isn't lifting a leg on the wall or slight piddles. He just has a large release wherever he is in the house. I've been taking him out more doing the whole potty training thing all over again but it hasn't been helping. He used to love his crate and now he's just frantic in it. I'm not sure what to do. I took him to the vet to rule out medical issues, still waiting to hear back on lab work. He has not had any major changes to environment and gets a large amount of exercise a day. I really don't know what to do.
Thanks

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Let us know what the results are. Hope it is easily resolved.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
My first thought would be something medical, hopefully the vet work will turn up something. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I wonder if its a UTI. Play some crate games with him. Also remember besides exercise they need mental stimulation. Let us know what the tests say.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's not a submissive pee is it?

My little lab mix girl, bless her little heart...the first time she saw my brother she walked up to him kindly, sat down/squatted and peed, then rolled over belly up.

Submissive, scared???

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
since he is having problems controlling his peeing, he may be a bit frantic about going in his crate as he does not want to pee when he is in it.

i too am wondering if he has a urinary tract infection.

hope all goes well at the Vet's.

Hugz to Gus.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, I'm sure he panics at the thought of being locked in his crate and having to pee. Until you get the results back, could you put his crate in the kitchen, leave the crate door open and block off the kitchen so if he has an accident it will at least be on a hard surface (I assume your kitchen has a hard surface).

Spontaneous large releases sound like a urinary infection.

Please be sure to let us know what's up.

Bless his heart.

Reactions: Darkevs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts