Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing research and have been in contact with a few breeders. I am doing my do diligence to find the right breeder for my family to get a puppy from . I think they are all very reputable and hope noone takes offense to me asking about them in here . The three I have been in contact with in no specific order are Feverhaus, Treasure Seekers and Kansa Dobermans . All three are very nice and have great communication. They are all willing to answer a newbies questions . If anyone has any personal experience with any of them please let me know . Thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,825 Posts
Kansa Dobes posts here on our forum—user name? kansadobe, of course.

What are you looking for in a dobe? Are you planning on doing any sports with him like obedience, agility, scentwork, Schutzhund…? Ideally, if your world has a lot of choice when it comes to top notch breeders, you try to find one whose breeding program leans more toward dogs that are skilled in the areas you hope to get involved with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply . I want a family companion and would like to do obedience at least.
Kansa Dobes posts here on our forum—user name? kansadobe, of course.

What are you looking for in a dobe? Are you planning on doing any sports with him like obedience, agility, scentwork, Schutzhund…? Ideally, if your world has a lot of choice when it comes to top notch breeders, you try to find one whose breeding program leans more toward dogs that are skilled in the areas you hope to get involved with.
Thank you for the reply . I am looking for a family companion and would love to get into obedience and possibly Schutzhund. I don't know if I will ever compete in anything but club events but who knows . I have been looking up trainers in my area and the do have Obedience and a Schutzhund club in my area . I also do not mind traveling to get training. I am very green to the whole sporting part of dogs but I have done basic training with my GSD and loved it . It definitely creates a bond between you and your dog .

·
Big Lil pup
6,119 Posts
Hi Greg... A few months ago, there were a few folks here on DT talking about Feverhaus. I think some were expecting puppies this year. In any case. Search Forums. Go to "Breeding and Breeders". In search, type in Feverhaus. It should pop up.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Isn't feverhaus in Canada? Right now with Covid, it would be difficult (I would think) to get a puppy from Canada.... although I know it has been done recently - I don't know how difficult it might have been. I don't know who Treasure Seekers is, Kansa is a member here.

Reactions: LadyDi and melbrod

·
Super Moderator
21,129 Posts
I think it will come down to which breeder you click with - as far as I know, all are reputable breeders. Deciding which will fit with your lifestyle and needs, and which has the right type of dog for you is going to be what you need to do, IMO. If you are able to meet their dogs, that's always a great idea.

Reactions: LadyDi and melbrod
1 - 7 of 7 Posts