Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a teething toy, boy am I dissappointed in it. I'm not sure what kind of dog could chew it, but a 5 month old doberman can't. It was supposed to be HARD and it is, every where but the small prongs that stick up. After about 10 min. I started to see little red pieces on the couch, I looked and they are the TIPS of the prongs. I sure don't want all those pieces going down my girls stomach building up. I do not think this is as tough as they make it out to be. Not for a doberman anyway. Hope I don't have trouble sending it back it was $15.00..........:(

Attachments

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
I just bought a teething toy, boy am I dissappointed in it. I'm not sure what kind of dog could chew it, but a 5 month old doberman can't. It was supposed to be HARD and it is, every where but the small prongs that stick up. After about 10 min. I started to see little red pieces on the couch, I looked and they are the TIPS of the prongs. I sure don't want all those pieces going down my girls stomach building up. I do not think this is as tough as they make it out to be. Not for a doberman anyway. Hope I don't have trouble sending it back it was $15.00..........:(
one of Quincy's favorite toys!! the little rubber tips won't hurt anything, they go right through. Quincy has not been able to rip this toy apart - it gets the Quincy seal of indestructibility.

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
one of Quincy's favorite toys!! the little rubber tips won't hurt anything, they go right through. Quincy has not been able to rip this toy apart - it gets the Quincy seal of indestructibility.
So I shouldn't panic about her eating them? I've just read so many things on the forum about dogs swallowing things and have gotten paranoid about her swallowing anything that isn't food. So I should just lighten up and let her have it..... It is HARD every where else.....:( I wasn't this bad with my kids, but I worry to death about this dog, I have never been so in love with an animal !

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
So I shouldn't panic about her eating them? I've just read so many things on the forum about dogs swallowing things and have gotten paranoid about her swallowing anything that isn't food. So I should just lighten up and let her have it..... It is HARD every where else.....:( I wasn't this bad with my kids, but I worry to death about this dog, I have never been so in love with an animal !
those little rubber tips will go right through. It's the big chunks of things you have to worry about. Now - if your pup starts taking chunks out of it, that's a different story. My dog has tried and that toy has held up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts