Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to the site. My best friend of 12 years passed away last year. I am currently deployed overseas and will return in the fall to Jacksonville, florida. I would like to know if anyone can recommend a great breeder near me, in florida or the South East. I am willing to travel to pick up the pup. This will be my first Dobie and 3rd dog in all. I am spent about 20 hours reading about breeders and the breed. The dobie is definitely for me, but for every breeder I read about I find 3 negatives!! It is enough to make you question everything. It seems I am wrong to even say I want a pet and companion.......The most important feature I am wanting is the correct temperament and personality. Bottom line, can anyone recommend a breeder for me? Thanks in advance. David

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
welcome, and thanks for coming here to do your research!

first off, try the DPCA breeder referral: DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral
do keep in mind this is just a listing, not necessarily an endorsement. you'll still have to research titles, health testing, etc.

another great way to find reputable breeders...look for your local chapter and contact them for a referral: The DPCA | Chapter Clubs
i prefer this method, as the local referral person will know who has puppies on the ground or who is expecting.

good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts