Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Poor girl...I see the pics, but no bio yet. What's her story?

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

Sosha was turned in to IDR+ when her owners had to move into an apartment and they could not find an apartment that would take Dobermans, not even sweet little Sosha. They also knew they needed to turn her into a rescue due to her medical issue. Months ago, Sosha's owner noticed her limping and took her to the vet. The vet did an x-ray, but at that time he could find nothing wrong, and this is quite typical of bone cancer. Over the last few months, the leg began to swell, and although the owner did want to take her back to the vet, they just did not have the money to do so and called IDR+. We took her to the vet immediately thinking the news would not be good due to the size of the tumor. We took an x-ray, and though it did not look like typical Osteosarcoma in the x-ray, our vet was still suspicious due to the size and rapid growth. She is just so young, so the vet was not convinced. We did a chest x-ray as well to see if anything has metastasized, and it had not, so he advised removing the leg since it could not be saved. The only other option would be to humanely euthanize her assuming the prognosis is poor, but we just couldn't see not giving her a chance. The surgery went well and Sosha is recuperating well. We are waiting on pins and needles for the bone biopsy to come back from the lab. Unfortunately, if it's osteosarcoma it will spread quickly and give her about a four-month prognosis. We will keep you updated.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Omg that poor baby :(

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
What a sweet face! Healing vibes for Sosha!!

Reactions: Dobejazz

·
formerly known as moona
1,461 Posts
My goodness that's heartbreaking!!!

Poor little Sosha; I'm SO glad she has IDR+ now to look after her and help her find a happy forever home. She'll be in my prayers that she's cancer free and able to live a long and happy life.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sad news it is oesteosarcoma and the vet feels that she only has 3-4 months to live. IDR + is hoping to find someone to provide hospice for her so she can end her life as a beloved spoiled girl she so very much deserves.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
:,( I'm heartbroken to hear this as I lost my last boy to Osteo...such a nasty disease. I wish I could help, but I don't think staying with a wild and crazy doberteen would make much for a "peaceful" existence in her last short months. (((huggggs))) to Sosha and IDR volunteers...and good luck finding her a hospice home.

Reactions: Dobejazz

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Well if I had that dog she wouldn't be having an expiry date stamped on her paw...

I missed the part about her having OSA and amputation. Prayers for her, I know someone can help her enjoy some time without pain.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts