Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just not having a good year.. My FIL passed away about a month ago from a brain Anurisym (sp). Ya.. Just having the best year.. Some how I feel at peace about it. I now know that my dear Kohl and my FIL are together looking after one another. SUCKS... But I have been reading some books to help me through this painful time and it has helped alot. My DH.. He isn't doing so well but he is strong and slowly coming to terms with his loss too. Please pray for my family and gosh.. Hope this bad streak is over with! We haven't been thinking of a new puppy for a little while now but I am sure next year we will welcome a new puppy to our home just not ready this year yet..

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
So Sorry for your losses

It is hard when it seems like every thing hits at once bad thing is it takes time to get past the hard part. Sending Rays to the future will be brighter for you a puppy will help that is for sure,
Patches Mom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.. Just seems "god" keeps taking me out by the knees everytime I feel like I have gotten up.. Still in shock about it all. I PRAY these things don't happen in threes.. Grrr..

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I hope things turn up for you. Sorry for your loss. Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww Im so sorry :( just takes time and grieving. You'll know when your are ready...or when you'll feel better about everything. Were always here for comfort @-->--

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I am sorry for your losses this year. Hopefully it has come to an end and your cycle will change and bring good luck.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Oreo you certainly have been delt several hard blows, I am so sorry. Trust me when I say this...give yourself time, this too shall pass. It may not seem like it now but yo will be OK. We are here for you :)

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Sorry you are hurting so badly....I do know how you feel, and there is just nothing anyone can say to take the pain away or make you feel any better. Time is the only way through grief. How much time? That is totally personal.....it is a journey that we all have to take alone. You need to spend quality time with yourself doing things you love, and surround yourself with good supportive people. Bereavement groups and sometimes a therapist can really help. Practice good self care, good food, lots of sleep and fresh air. Try and plan a vacation to get away from it all.

In the last couple of years I lost my Dad to a pulmanry embolism, my grandma to old age(but only 3 months after dad...very hard on my mom) my close friend to cancer, a 16 year old nephew to a heart attack, 3 of my dogs, now my moms dog.....I try and live for today....that is all we truly have.

Lots of love coming your way.

Carol & Petey oxoxo

·
Registered
414 Posts
So sorry for your losses. No one can ever make sense about why these things happen. but if nothing else it can help us to live every day to the fullest and to be thankful for the family and friends we have to support us.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oreokitty, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and you know all of us here at DT are there for you if you need us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts