Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently reading a book (suggested by my MIL how is a phycyastrist) called It Is Okay To Cry. I am only on page 15 or 16 and it has been helping me a lot.

Last night Oreo was kissing at the nothing again and I had moved the baby gate that was blocking Kohl and Oreo from each other.. It was leaning up against the spare room wall.. It knocked over by its self. Now, could be my mental state that I am in but.. I know Kohl is still in our house.. Paul just looked at me and we smiled because it was something Kohl use to always do.

I find that mornings are so hard. The last two days I have had to get up with the alarm clock and it has scared the hell out of me. Kohl use to always be up yawning at 5:55 and that was my wake up call.. I just miss him....

I feel like I was sucker punched. I thought I was prepared. I wasn't prepaired to see my DH crying every time we walk into the house. I wasn't prepaired to feel so lonely. But as my book reads.. It is normal to go through these emotions even at work and I know my co-workers know why I am not the same happy go-lucky person. My boss just lost two people close to him this week.. He has stuck by me and has been great about it because he is dealing with this too.. I just have to remember to give myself permission to grieve and not care what people think of me bawling. Death is a huge part of living and I know Kohl was sent to me to prepair me for bigger things in my life. My parents are in their late 70's and aren't well.. I need to be there for them because I know they won't be around much longer either.

I just want him back.. But I want him back healthy and happy....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I hear you Oreokitty. you aren't going crazy, I swear there were a few times after Cody passed I felt a nudge on my arm, like he used to do when he wanted a pat.

you can never be prepared, not for a pet, not for a friend, not for a parent. Even when you know it's coming, you still can't fully prepare for the finality and the size of the emptyness is your heart.

just take care of yourself, do what you need to do to get thru this, and slowly that emptyness in your heart will not ache quite so much.

remember, you have friends here who will understand and support you.

take good care

cc

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Oreo.............believe it or not you sound better today..........grieving is NORMAL.........and it takes as long as it takes. It takes time........and there is no set time frame when it comes to grieving over a human or animal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts