Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Romeo my dobe, has this spot on his leg, a little higher than the side of his elbow, where there is no hair, and when the hair looks like it starts to grow back, he gets a break out of bumps which look like acne which I guess pops and bleeds. When we got him at 8 weeks old from this breeder who kept the puppies in his bathroom, in the shower; Romeo had these sores on his elbows at the time from the rough surfaces he was kept on. Long story short the breeder said to put this ointment on it everyday to help it heal, which it didn't. Now since he is about a year and a half it has moved and grew larger with his growth. He sleeps in bed with me and gets to lay on the sofa any other time he wants. I have tired many things and just wanted to know if anyone had suggestions of what to use or do. He does have puppy acne which we are in the process of trying to clear up as well, but some of the stuff for his elbow made the acne worse in that spot. Please help! I would love to get his hair to grow back and it not to bother him from time to time.

Picture of his elbow is below.

Our vet just said to wash it with antibacterial soap, but that dosen't seem to be helping.

Attachments

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
oh my. Never saw anything like that. Can your vet refer you to a dermatologist? Did your vet do any kind of skin scrapings?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm taking him back Wed to see if there is anything else we could do or get tested to see how to make it better. Maybe if we can get his puppy acne cleared up around his elbow first and then work on getting the hair to start to come back.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
That looks very strange--I would be getting him in to see a vet dermatologist/allergist...since it's gone on this long it's evidently something deep seated and may need to be scraped and checked for a bacterial or fungal infection. But I don't think whatever is being recommended by your general practice vet is working.

It may also be that a culture needs to be done checking for sensitivity to various antibiotics in order to clear it up permanently.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts