Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that our pup is familiar with his home and his human parents, we've been playing in our backyard off the leash. He did something yesterday that just CRACKED me up, and as much as I playfully wrestled with him from this spot, he kept doing this somersault move!

He'll sniff around the yard, and in this very particular spot...as soon as his nose hits it, he does this move and flips on his back and rolls with all four legs into the air. I'll move him around and immediately he'll sniff for that spot, and as soon as he hits it again, he does "the move" again. Few hours later, Daddy comes home, we're playing kickball with him in the back. He sniffs that that same spot again, and immediately flips onto his back again! It almost reminded me of when cats smell catnip and they start rubbing their bodies on the ground.

I'm curious, what is going on? Is he just rubbing his scent because something has been there, or is there a plant in that spot that's making him happy? This spot is only like 2 -3 inches in diameter.

·
Got mutt?
13,848 Posts
Sounds like something smells interesting. No telling what, until your sense of smell is as good as his, though. Possibly an animal, possibly a plant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts