Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is someone that can trace a US Microchip for me please get in touch.

Thanks,

Mia

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's chipped just can't seem to track it. Nothing found in the national database, either, thanks for the link though... I wonder if it was inserted by a breeder but never registered...

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
It's unfortunate no one registered the chip. Defeats the purpose of chipping a dog.

She's chipped just can't seem to track it. Nothing found in the national database, either, thanks for the link though... I wonder if it was inserted by a breeder but never registered...

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YUP I know with the chips I buy you can track them to who purchased the chip... I will keep digging....

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Do you know the maker of the chip?

The most widely used I am familiar with are AVID, HomeAgain, 24PetWatch, and ResQ.

Reactions: sam&macksmom

·
_______
5,102 Posts
If you have the chip number, try using the national database to see if you can locate info on previous/current owners

National Search Engine
Anyone tried to run their dog's chip thru this database? I have run it 3 x's w/no results.
Our girl's is not coming up and it is sooo current. We have Homeagain.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Q734 that's just plain old scary!!! RFR I haven't had a chance to figure out who's the maker of the chip, will try today.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Anyone tried to run their dog's chip thru this database? I have run it 3 x's w/no results.
Our girl's is not coming up and it is sooo current. We have Homeagain.
You have to register with the national database or the info wont show up. If you are registered with Home Again they have your info in their system and if she is lost and scanned by a shelter her info would come up for them.

Reactions: Q734

·
_______
5,102 Posts
You have to register with the national database or the info wont show up. If you are registered with Home Again they have your info in their system and if she is lost and scanned by a shelter her info would come up for them.
Ah thanks- it really freaked me out-assumed it collected #'s from different databases as you can just punch a number in. So besides having H.A. etc one has to re-register a # to this nationwide database eh?

Feeling paranoid to take her someplace randomly & have them scan her to check that it's still working too.

That said I'll be SO P-O'd to have paid a year and have it not be in there!

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Ah thanks- it really freaked me out-assumed it collected #'s from different databases as you can just punch a number in. So besides having H.A. etc one has to re-register a # to this nationwide database eh?

Feeling paranoid to take her someplace randomly & have them scan her to check that it's still working too.

That said I'll be SO P-O'd to have paid a year and have it not be in there!
If you want to check to see if its working I think you could check with your vet and see if they can scan her. I am pretty sure most vets offices have scanners in case someone brings a stray in for treatment.

The fee for the National Database is I think $21 for a lifetime registration and can be done online if you want to register there, or you can do it by mail also, it is a little more peace of mind having the chip registered in more than one database.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had some time to do some digging and it turns out it may be a European chip! The plot thickens..... Anyone know how to trace a Euro chip?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
A lady I worked with daughter found a dog. She was chipped but not registered. But it was an AVID chip. I called them and they gave me the breeder who purchased the chip. I called her and she said she would get back to me. The lady that had purchased the dog had also sold her again. That was the end of the trail. So I believe it can be traced one way or another.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well so far the consensus is the chip is Hungarian! I have tried two makers of chips over there, one was a no go, waiting for a response from the other. Anyone here from Hungary???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts