Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Craigslist just now.. :/

got one more puppy for sale, Rust red Female doberman pup, 3weeks old, will be able to be taken home after 5 weeks,
Dnt have a picture of the pup but heres the picture of the dad,
for more info call david -
Doberman FEMALE.

They're probably asking an insane amount of money for a 5 WEEK OLD PUPPY. I thought anything under 8 weeks was illegal? Or is it 6 weeks? I don't even know, but I am completely disgusted. :/ I have seen a pretty big increase in popularity of Dobermans lately (probably because of all of our Doberman gatherings).. which is both a bad and a good thing. There have been some GREAT owners deciding to get Dobe puppies.. and then people like this make me wonder if we should even be bothering, because the more popular they get, the more idiots like this will start showing up.

*bangs head against wall repeatedly.*

I've had to clarify on more than one occasion that Monster is not such a good dog because that's how all Dobermans are, she requires a lot of work and energy burning on a daily basis. She is very well trained and a great ambassador for the breed.. but it's sad when at times I don't want to take her with me places because I know SOMEBODY that doesn't need a dog will see her and decide they want a Doberman. Aggghhh.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've been seeing more and more dobes around here too, there is one in paticular that I feel horrible for. She is a red girl and her owner lives by my fathers, I was walking Baruch and the guy asked me about studding him... never ceases to freaking amaze me how many freaking people ask about breeding, even when I had Miesha... knowing the area she lives in I am sure she will be pumping out more than her share of puppies so the owner can line his pockets!

·
Super Cute Holly
227 Posts
what the . . . :mad:That is totally ILLEGAL here pup MUST be 8 weeks.! NO EARLIER! how can someone do that. The pup is know where near ready to leave mummy! What the . .:mad: Makes me so mad! This beautiful breed deserves so much more than THAT! :mad:

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Someone needs to go beat the tar outta that idiot. Enough said.

Reactions: HerMewMew

·
Registered
537 Posts
Saw this on Craigslist just now.. :/

Doberman FEMALE.

They're probably asking an insane amount of money for a 5 WEEK OLD PUPPY. I thought anything under 8 weeks was illegal? Or is it 6 weeks? I don't even know, but I am completely disgusted. :/ I have seen a pretty big increase in popularity of Dobermans lately (probably because of all of our Doberman gatherings).. which is both a bad and a good thing. There have been some GREAT owners deciding to get Dobe puppies.. and then people like this make me wonder if we should even be bothering, because the more popular they get, the more idiots like this will start showing up.

*bangs head against wall repeatedly.*

I've had to clarify on more than one occasion that Monster is not such a good dog because that's how all Dobermans are, she requires a lot of work and energy burning on a daily basis. She is very well trained and a great ambassador for the breed.. but it's sad when at times I don't want to take her with me places because I know SOMEBODY that doesn't need a dog will see her and decide they want a Doberman. Aggghhh.
The only benefit that can be had from wasting time worrying about things like this (bolded) is you will burn a few calories. That's about it.

For every person who has had a rant about something having to do with a doberman and things 'not being right', you all realize you are going up against the human race right? I thought that was obvious, but apparently being hard headed goes both ways. :p

I want gas prices to lower, and if everyone across the country stopped buying, exxon for example, they would be forced to lower their prices. That would lead to a price war with other oil companies, but in the end, we would have come together as a ginormous group and won a battle to get something done.

Now, we have all sorts of media outlets to be able to communicate such a feat. The entire country could theoretically know about it in a week or two. But, do you think it would ever happen? No, because as individuals we are smart (some anyway), but as a group it would get worse.

Now, if we can't get people together over an actual important situation...not saying dobermans aren't important, but they are a want not a need, why would you waste your time getting frustrated?

You have to live and let live or move to a utopian society where dobermans were revered as gods.

Otherwise, you are just spinning your wheels.

Be happy with what you have and continue to educate where you can. The goal then would be to infect others with your drive and dedication and make them adapt to service your desires of the breed..just like the borg! :p

Christians are suppose to spread the word of god where ever they go. Do you think they get flustered and stop being religious and believing just because an encounter didn't go their way? Are they to stop being christians because someone else isn't?

Then why would you not bring your dog anywhere out of fear that someone might get a doberman you have zero knowledge of?

It is going to happen, whether you stay inside and play video games and bore yourself all day, or you take your dog out for a walk, or a hike or otherwise fun activity. Stop being a girl and thinking you can control everyone and everything. Worry a little less about everyone else and a little more about yourself and your dog. You'll be happier that way.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only benefit that can be had from wasting time worrying about things like this (bolded) is you will burn a few calories. That's about it.

For every person who has had a rant about something having to do with a doberman and things 'not being right', you all realize you are going up against the human race right? I thought that was obvious, but apparently being hard headed goes both ways. :p

I want gas prices to lower, and if everyone across the country stopped buying, exxon for example, they would be forced to lower their prices. That would lead to a price war with other oil companies, but in the end, we would have come together as a ginormous group and won a battle to get something done.

Now, we have all sorts of media outlets to be able to communicate such a feat. The entire country could theoretically know about it in a week or two. But, do you think it would ever happen? No, because as individuals we are smart (some anyway), but as a group it would get worse.

Now, if we can't get people together over an actual important situation...not saying dobermans aren't important, but they are a want not a need, why would you waste your time getting frustrated?

You have to live and let live or move to a utopian society where dobermans were revered as gods.

Otherwise, you are just spinning your wheels.

Be happy with what you have and continue to educate where you can. The goal then would be to infect others with your drive and dedication and make them adapt to service your desires of the breed..just like the borg! :p

Christians are suppose to spread the word of god where ever they go. Do you think they get flustered and stop being religious and believing just because an encounter didn't go their way? Are they to stop being christians because someone else isn't?

Then why would you not bring your dog anywhere out of fear that someone might get a doberman you have zero knowledge of?

It is going to happen, whether you stay inside and play video games and bore yourself all day, or you take your dog out for a walk, or a hike or otherwise fun activity. Stop being a girl and thinking you can control everyone and everything. Worry a little less about everyone else and a little more about yourself and your dog. You'll be happier that way.
I think you seriously overthought my statement. I said sometimes I don't want to, I never said that I actually don't. :p

I always take Monster everywhere with me because she is such a great dog to educate people about the breed with. That said, there are always people who ask me about her that I KNOW have dogs already that they shouldn't have (they're outside dogs, no immunizations, crap food, etc). But as soon as they see Monster and how well behaved she is, they immediately want a Doberman.

There is nothing I can do to stop them except explain why she is the way she is and how much work went into her, and I know that. But it is STILL frustrating, and YES it makes me not want to take her places - but I still do, because I know there are other opportunities to educate people.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think you seriously overthought my statement. I said sometimes I don't want to, I never said that I actually don't. :p

I always take Monster everywhere with me because she is such a great dog to educate people about the breed with. That said, there are always people who ask me about her that I KNOW have dogs already that they shouldn't have (they're outside dogs, no immunizations, crap food, etc). But as soon as they see Monster and how well behaved she is, they immediately want a Doberman.

There is nothing I can do to stop them except explain why she is the way she is and how much work went into her, and I know that. But it is STILL frustrating, and YES it makes me not want to take her places - but I still do, because I know there are other opportunities to educate people.
No, I got what you said, I just can't help being long winded sometimes.

:D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I got what you said, I just can't help being long winded sometimes.

:D
ahahha, well, at least you're honest. It's a constant fight battling the idiots around here, since I live in a farming community. Most of the dogs are still outside dogs with little to no training, and people are very set in their ways about them. People think I'm crazy for taking Monster everywhere and doing everything I can with her (I get the funniest looks when I take her into Lowes/Home Depot..). But I still do it, because I dgaf what they think, and I love my dog. It's still a drag.

·
Good Gracious, Gracie!
1,943 Posts
California law prohibits sale of pups under 8 weeks of age.

The law:
California Sale of dogs under eight weeks of age

Of course, while it is illegal, it's only a misdemeanor.

It is also illegal to keep a dog tied out in California per Health and Safety Code, Division 105, Part 6 Chapter 8. (In case that could help you with your neighbors. The fine is up to $1000.)

And the posting was flagged for removal. Let's hope due to illegality, rather than due to the pup having been sold. <sigh>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts