Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only drove down for the two dobe specialties, skipped the two all breed shows over the weekend. But the weather was beautiful (high 70's), this time i remembered sunscreen, so *didn't* get burned to a crisp, and overall had a great time!

These are the first shows of the calendar year in CA, and usually have the largest entries of any of our specialties...I think the entry this year was 64 each day, something like that. A fraction of what the entry *used to be*, back in the day, but large by today's standards.

We were as pleased as we could be that Connor's son, Brody, Ch. Gallants First and Foremost v Ciden won the Los Angeles DPC specialty on Thursday. Then he went BOB yesterday at one of the all breeds, so that's a whole bunch of top twenty points for him!

Ch. Caryola's Antigua won the two other BOB wins possible for the weekend, one specialty and one all breed show.

Anyway, I pretty much only took pictures of dogs that were sired by Connor, I didn't have a lot of charge left in my camera battery.

Here are some of Brody:

Beautiful Olivia, Foxfire's Whataya Want From Me-Connor x Ch. Foxfire's All About Me:

This is a youngster who's just getting started, needs to grow up a bit, Gallant's Savannah Brees v Ciden-Connor x Ch. Gallants Best Kept Secret v Ciden:

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We decided to sit it out and wait for some smaller majors... Sounds like it was a lovely show though!
If you can get past the parking issues, it's a great venue, and always a good show. EXCELLENT raffles (this year they were raffling off stuff like I-pads), both of the chapter clubs offer everyone lunch at their specialties, the weather is usually good and it's a really pretty location.

However...that parking sucks! I got lucky this year, Michelle let me be a tagalong car with her overnight parking space, so I got to park right near the rings. Otherwise it's about a 10 mile walk to get to the doberman ring.

I think maybe we're spoiled, tho. I know people have come to this show from back east and are just AWED that we have venues like the one in Indio..so maybe the parking issue is worth it, I dunno.

·
joie de vivre
11,271 Posts
Great pictures. Olivia is STUNNING.

Reactions: Murreydobe

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
I agree with brw. Olivia is simply stunning. I would love to have a girl like her!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
We were as pleased as we could be that Connor's son, Brody, Ch. Gallants First and Foremost v Ciden won the Los Angeles DPC specialty on Thursday. Then he went BOB yesterday at one of the all breeds, so that's a whole bunch of top twenty points for him!
He's a handsome boy! I saw him in the groups on Sunday! Congrats.

We went to valet our car on Saturday and we told there was a TWO HOUR wait on Saturday. It's a cluster F for sure!!! Sunday we got lucky and didn't show until 1 pm. Although it made the drive home awful after groups parking was a breeze!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We went to valet our car on Saturday and we told there was a TWO HOUR wait on Saturday. It's a cluster F for sure!!! Sunday we got lucky and didn't show until 1 pm. Although it made the drive home awful after groups parking was a breeze!
They've only offered that valet parking for the last 3-4 years, sounds like it's really taken off within the last year or so! But this is exactly why I don't go over the weekend if I'm not showing anything, it's just too crazy.

Congrats again on your big win! I can't even imagine the drive you had to get home..it's a long weekend even if you don't have to stay for groups, then drive 400 miles or so.

Three years ago Connor wound up going Best Bred By Exhibitor in Show, so we pretty much had to stay until the bitter end that day. I was so tired I almost started crying thinking about having to drive home, and I only have about an 80 mile drive to get home.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Wow. Very nice. Sounds like a fun show.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts