Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across some papers I had received from Princi's breeder, and was curious to find more details about the sire and dam.

Can someone help me find this information?

This is what I have:

Breeder--JEFFREY BEVAN (Ohio)

Sire--SARGENT KENYON KOZAR CALAMITY
WP56494002
AKC DNA #V232315

Dam--MISS ISO MEANA CALAMITY GIRL
WZ00622404

Thanks for any help.

Naveen

·
Extraordimary
4,976 Posts
The dam is Z factored - she has albinos in her ancestry and never should have been bred. :-(

A sure sign that the breeder is not a good one ...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yeah. I noticed the Z also. She may not be albino, but she has the potential of producing albinos. If you plan to get another Dobe, I would look for another breeder. I would not go back to this one.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When I got Princi I was not as educated and informed on the breed as I am now. Soon after getting Princi I found out that I got her from a backyard breeder. The sad part is that the dam is still being bred..;(, because I got an email from the breeder about another litter not too long ago. My gf fell in love with dobies after being around Princi and will be looking for one in a few years. I would never go back this breeder.

Thanks for the help.

Naveen

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
You could order a pedigree from the AKC store on-line. While you never know what might be way back there, it is definately byb in the parents generation. Too bad the breeder is still breeding - there are always new people to be led :-(

If it makes you feel any better, plenty of people who are now owners and exhibitors of show quality Dobermans started out with a byb - we love them all the same .........just learn as we go not to make the same errors a second time. Princi is very lucky to have you and it seems that the love goes both ways :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
velmadobe said:
You could order a pedigree from the AKC store on-line. While you never know what might be way back there, it is definately byb in the parents generation. Too bad the breeder is still breeding - there are always new people to be led :-(

If it makes you feel any better, plenty of people who are now owners and exhibitors of show quality Dobermans started out with a byb - we love them all the same .........just learn as we go not to make the same errors a second time. Princi is very lucky to have you and it seems that the love goes both ways :)

Nicely worded velmadobe!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yes some of us do make that mistake. Our first dobie was not from a BYB but he was from a breeder that is a mass producer. We did not know it at the time but we still loved our doberdude. Fortunatley we found much better breeders and have two great dogs. We live and we learn.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We sure do. I have learned a lot from this wonderful site.:cool2:

I am sure I have posted this pic before, but she is one of the best things that has happened to me.

Naveen

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Awww, nice picture MrDesi. Where have ya been hiding??? Kinda missed you around here. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help everyone.

lanabana--That is my nephew, but he is like a son to me.

Okie--I have been busy with work and school, I do come on but just don't post as much. I love the avatar pic of *******.

joce--Grove City

Naveen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts