Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope these arent too big =)

This is one of me at my sister's, holder her new rescue german shep mix and Ajax waning to know what is going on =)

Here is an example of prey drive =P It's funny how squirrels chitter and taunt.

This is a funny picture, my girlfriend and I went camping so I took Ajax to my sister's for some dog sitting =) This is ajax when I sat down at my sister's house as soon as I got home.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
haha i love the one with ajax jumping up the tree, and the little white dog looking up like "wow!" or "yeah! get him! teach that squirrel a lesson! I bet he will be never messing with US again"

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
What a good looking boy!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
He sure wants a piece of that squirrel!

Squirrels can sometimes "ask for it" and the ones around here will taunt the Dog by chattering at it after it scales a tree.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
When are you planning on getting Ajax neutered?
I love the picture of the squirrel, lol. they like to taunt mine too, here is a picture.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
double post

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am looking into Schutzhund with Ajax at the moment, and a trainer I spoke with told me that it is easier to teach him some of the things he needs to learn if he is intact. If the evaluation of his drives does not go as well as I think will be clipped soon after. As it is I do not have any dominance problems with him nor does he exhibit any overly agressive actions towards strangers or other dogs. (but he has not reached full maturity yet so we will see about that)

Ajax is extremely well socialized, my family owns a boarding house for parolees, so since I own my own buisness and we do not deal with th epublic at large, I am able to bring my dog to work with me. He meets new people in new situations almost everyday, and he is not at all timid or aggressive. In fact I would say he is more confident than any dog I have ever had.

That being said, I have absolutely 0 plans to breed him!! And if any dominant or aggressive tendencies surface in him I will not hesitate to have him clipped.

And yes BiB, he is very expressive, he sulks when his toys are put up, smiles when I get the leash out, smiles when I return from a quick run to the store. To look at my boy is to know what he is thinking or how he is feeling.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Good luck with the Sch. And great job with the socialization on Ajax. =)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how high these dogs can jump,watch out squirrel.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I like the one of him laying between your legs, as if to think, "If I lay here maybe he won't go again." So sweet! He sure loves his dad!

The jumping one is awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts