Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I'm super scared right now.

My 18 month old red male has had a small-ish couple of lumps on his left neck-skin area. (Think below his leather collar, above his collar bone, off to the left.)

I am taking him to the vet first thing tomorrow morning. I just need to vent/worry/get support/ideas/etc.

He has been playing with lots of dogs recently and got a puncture wound on the right side around the same area. I cleaned it with Chlorhexidine and made sure it stayed clean, it's still healing but has been doing well.

The left side, I noticed a few soft bumps (small, like the size of a pea) last Friday. I thought they might be a bruise from playing and being mouthed around his neck. He kind of had scratches and bumps all over after playing for 9 hours.

Tonight I noticed they were slightly larger - like the size of a nickel.

He has fur over them and slightly red skin. He has little bumps all around his neck, these are just the bigger ones.

He is happy, healthy, eating a ton (like always!), drinking a ton, and while he seems tired at the end of the day (he snuggles on the couch a lot) he still runs at the park like normal. I think he's tired because my husband is home all day with him, then I come home all night with him, and he doesn't spend any time in his crate anymore.

The lumps are soft, moveable, and not attached to the underlying tissue. They are in the neck skin - the moveable flabby part. They don't hurt. They don't have a hard central core. They are right under the collar. We did just switch from a gentle leader back to his collar because the leader was rubbing fur off his nose. He pulls - HARD - on his collar. I took his temperature - it's normal.

Please tell me it's not lymphoma. He's 18 months old. My husband has lost a lab when he was a kid at 18 months old and when we looked it up and lymphoma came up as a diagnosis, my husband collapsed on the kitchen floor sobbing. I don't think either of us can take losing Duncan.

Any ideas of what it could be, so young?

·
Got mutt?
13,848 Posts
You said he was bitten recently? It's entirely possible he has abcesses from bite wounds you didn't see.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Have you ever used a prong on him? Does he have full mobility of his neck? Are the lumps movable, or fixed to a structure? Is the area warm or hot to the touch?

Hope it's nothing serious!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a photo but I can't figure out how to attach photos on here. Can someone walk me through it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts