Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a soft crate for my girls for things like camping, going to friends houses, and anything else we may encounter in the future where a soft crate would be useful and much easier to drag along vs. her big metal crate. Any suggestions on brands or stores? Thanks in advance!:nicejob:

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I use the Noz to Noz crates and they hold up well.

·
Super Moderator
21,742 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered this one for Simon: Amazon.com: 42" Blue Pet House Soft Crate Carrie: Pet Supplies. I've been really happy with it, and you can't beat the price. Less than $50 for a 42" soft crate. The fabric might be slightly softer/less sturdy than the Noz2Noz, but for our purposes it works fantastic!
I got one of these in orange for Dexter. He ripped the front window in less than an hour of having it set up to check out. I reeeeaaaally wish it worked. Today I picked up another standard wire crate to keep in our bedroom and for traveling.

·
Super Moderator
21,742 Posts
I got one of these in orange for Dexter. He ripped the front window in less than an hour of having it set up to check out. I reeeeaaaally wish it worked. Today I picked up another standard wire crate to keep in our bedroom and for traveling.
Yeah, no soft crate will stand up to a dog who is interested in finding a way out. I'm lucky that neither of mine paw at the screens or sides. I only recommend soft crates for dogs that are extremely well behaved in a regular crate.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My friends boxer ate her way out of a soft crate...
Thats all i know about them....;)

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Noz2Noz here too. It has held up well being toted all over the western US. V prefers it to the metal crates - I think because the floor is softer then the hard plastic.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Noz2Noz is the best quality soft crate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I'll be going with the Noz2Noz crate lol Coco is well behaved in a crate 90% of the time, but she does have her moments where she will paw at the cage to get out, so I better go with the sturdier one. I wouldn't dare leave her alone in something that could easily be chewed through! lol We were thinking of when we go camping and we are trying to eat (because Coco is notorious for stealing burgers from us!!) or if we stay at a friends house overnight. Eventually we may get into agility work (we went to a workshop for agilty the other day and the dogs seemed to enjoy it and did well) , so we would need one then as well. Thanks for the input!!

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Where can I order a soft sided crate in Canada, anybody know?

I think the one MeadowCat posted would be good enough for my needs (older dog), or something similar in design?

Amazon won't ship me one..:rolleyesww:

I found a couple on line with side entry, personally not my favorite, but I digress....I want something that resembles a normal setup.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Where can I order a soft sided crate in Canada, anybody know?

I think the one MeadowCat posted would be good enough for my needs (older dog), or something similar in design?

Amazon won't ship me one..:rolleyesww:

I found a couple on line with side entry, personally not my favorite, but I digress....I want something that resembles a normal setup.
I'm not sure about prices but fetchdog ships to Canada. I also got a $20 promo code I won't use.
You might want to ask about shipping but both my orders they charged me same shipping rate as us customers.
Portable Dog Crate | Dog Crates & Pens | Puppy Crates & Dog Pens from FetchDog

Reactions: EmilyB

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Thanks, but $189!! (Before shipping) I'll keep that one in the back of my mind for a bit......

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've heard good things about these from agility people:

Clean Run: Bergan Soft-Sided Dog Crates

The nice thing about them is that they don't have the collapsible skeleton which makes them easier to set up and put away.

I used to have a PetMate (I think) one from Petsmart from a few years ago. Loved it, kept it on my car's back seat and it didn't scratch any thing but the zipper on them broke twice. Petsmart replaced the first one, by the second time they were no longer selling them and just gave me a store credit. The dogs weren't rough on it either.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I was all set to go with that one, but the shipping was $100, and the crate $115.

Wahhh.....why can't Canadians get a soft crate for less than $50.

MC, you want to send me one? I'll paypal you.... :D:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts