Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking on this thread for a couple of months and never got around to introducing myself! My name is Tegan! My husband and I are new Dobie parents to a now 4 month old red female Juno!! She is a absolute spoiled little angel, and we could not be happier! We live in South Tulsa/Jenks Oklahoma area!This is my 2nd Doberman, my first girl (chica) still lives at home with my parents and is turning 14 on the 4th of July! Here are a few of my recent Juno pics! We are still posting her ears, there are just taken while we were letting them rest a few hours! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, here is my senior Doberman! She made my whole family fall head over heals in love with the Doberman breed! I had been begging my parents for years before they finally caved in and let me get a puppy! After I graduated High School and college they refused to let me have her at my own home! haha!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy crap that side shot could BE Whiskey if I didn't know better. What a pretty girl and a lovely crop!

Whiskey's got his eye on this girl!
lol! They do look alot alike! He is such a handsome boy and I love the name choice!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Yes, here is my senior Doberman! She made my whole family fall head over heals in love with the Doberman breed! I had been begging my parents for years before they finally caved in and let me get a puppy! After I graduated High School and college they refused to let me have her at my own home! haha!
Juno & and your first one Chica are adorable, thanks for sharing the photos...we can't get enough...LOL.

Our girl is now 11.4 y/o and we drove 9 hours to pickup her up.
My wife & I let our 17 y/o son (then), be the first to hold our Amy, at the breeder...I still remember the photo I took, the sun was screeming through the bedroom window...which sort of washed out the pic. some...soon we would learn, we got our little angle, from heaven to.
- family dobes, diffently grow on the family

I told my son, the puppy was his, until he moved out of the house...He-He...then she is owned by Dad...He-He.
After College, he got his own place, but our dober stayed with Mom & Dad...just like your parents.

Welcome! Your Juno is beautiful.

I'm drooling over your coffee table! Its awesome.
Me too, very nice and bring back old memories, growing up on a farm.
Back in the 1960's my grandpa had one of those grain carts, to push corn and grain bags in the barn.
As kids, my twin brother and I use to push it around...taking a short ride on the thrash floor.
Wished I had it now...so last week I went to an auction sale, and a similar style (big wheel) scale had sold an hour earlier.
O'h well, still try and find one someday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Juno & and your first one Chica are adorable, thanks for sharing the photos...we can't get enough...LOL.

Our girl is now 11.4 y/o and we drove 9 hours to pickup her up.
My wife & I let our 17 y/o son (then), be the first to hold our Amy, at the breeder...I still remember the photo I took, the sun was screeming through the bedroom window...which sort of washed out the pic. some...soon we would learn, we got our little angle, from heaven to.
- family dobes, diffently grow on the family

I told my son, the puppy was his, until he moved out of the house...He-He.
After College, he got his own place, but our dober stayed with Mom & Dad...just like your parents.

Me too, very nice and bring back old memories.
Back in the 1960's my grandpa had one of those carts, to push corn and grain bags in the barn.
As kids, my twin brother and I use to push it around...taking a short ride on the thrash floor.
Wished I had it now...so last week I went to an auction sale, and a similar style (big wheel) scale had sold an hour earlier...still try and find one someday.
I was so worried bringing Juno to meet Chica for the first time. I am still Chicas person, she acts like a puppy again every time I go home. They luckily did good, Chica kind of gets irritated with Juno but they still did great!

Who would have ever thought that these old carts would be in peoples living rooms some day? My grandfather would probably think I was crazy and my grandmother would probably think it looked horrible! They are Farmers as well!:D

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Who would have ever thought that these old carts would be in peoples living rooms some day? My grandfather would probably think I was crazy and my grandmother would probably think it looked horrible! They are Farmers as well!:D
I still have a few antiques, off the grandparents homestead.
- coffee grinder, that my father got from his grandpa...my dad used it to grind corn and grain for his pet guinnypigs
- 1880's cow bell, that was on my grandpa's plow horse
My granny's spinning wheel only had the bottom part, and the big wheel was missing...so I never thought of getting it, as a kid.
- a few years ago, I bought the exact same model (vintage 1880) at a private sale, a few blocks away
The old spinning wheel sits beside our TV, in the living room...really found of the family memories, it brings.

Back in the mid 1970's I went to an estate sale and bought a 1880's White treddle sewing machine with curley oak cabinet.
My wife refinished it 25 years ago, its in out hallway, holds the phone and answering machine.
Still have a mint Northern telephone with the ringer crank, long snout mouth piece, and oak paper podium...all finger jointed construction.
- going into our retirement home, when I get the reno done (long overdue...lol)
I have always loved period antiques and any that have been re-purposed.
Thanks for sharing, your stories.:thumbs-up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts