Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,856 Posts
hes not turning his ear - it looks like he has the start of a pocket in his right ear (the left one when he faces us, but his actual right ear) - it tips over his head a little more, and it doesnt stand as tall. i would correct that with corrective posting.

while the crop is not the style i like, it is nice that they are standing so well - however, watch them because the minute they start to droop, he will need to be posted again. i personally would post that right ear to correct the pocket forming and have it stand up correctly. i also hate when people stop posting early and the tips of the ears start to fall - my own current rescue has that sort of crop and her ears would look so much nicer if they kept her posted and use breathe right strips rather than just stopping.

· Registered
4,856 Posts
the two ears do look differently, but i do think thats just because the right ear is not posted correctly. and like murreydobe said, breathe right strips would just help the tip, which arent a problem right now (but like i cautioned in my post, please watch the ears in the future - i see too many dogs with nice crips have them start to tip and then the ears go out like a Y in the future beacuse the owners stopped posted and didnt support the tips!!!)

like murrey also said - the right ear is folding over the top of the head and leaning it - giving the impression of a shorter ear as well as a different shape to th ebell (that may be real, but at least part of it is due to the pocket forming) - you can see the extra skin coming from the pocket right above jake's head on the medial aspect of the ear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.