Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack goes tomarrow to get his stitches out...!! im so excited.. im taking the digi so i can get pics of him with the tape off at the vets. they said the ears are to be untaped for 24 hours then bring him back up so they can re-tape him... hehe.. i think they are gonna stand pretty good, cause the tape on his ears are barly on there now and he moving his ears around great.. but we will have to see. :dancing_b :punk:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I remember that excitment it wasnt that long ago hopefully both of his ears will stand perfect im looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
owww. i think im gonna switch vets ... this is the first vet i have been to that wont take the stitches out while you are there... i have to call back about 1 to see if he is ready to be picked up.. so i cant get pictures until he comes home. i guess they are under staffed at the moment. dang..But when he gets home i will definatly take a ton of pictures.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'm sorry, I know it's a pain, sometimes they do things like that b/c they feel it may upset the owners if their dog/puppy cries or struggles and they restrain it.

Can't wait to see the new pics of the boy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, Jacks ears UNtaped!!

Ok here they are. i was told not to bring him up for taping tomarrow but wait until they start to droop cause they are standing great right now ( probably cause the 2 weeks in tape) but here are some pics.. they are as close as i could get with out him getting excited, he was so happy to come home he actually tinkled from excitement in my truck which now i get to go clean ! yay! lol.

He was so glad to be home the first thing he wanted to do was go pee like a good boy!

Well there they are for now. there will be more to come in the days LOL. but now i need to go clean the tinkle outta my truck!

Comments on how his ears look would be good.. weather they are negative or not since he is my first ear cropping.
Jamie.

·
Registered
602 Posts
He looks very happy to be home! His ears look great, but for some reason it looks like the right ear has more of a "bell" than the left. (or vise versa if you look straight at the picture). This could just be the angle the pic was taken also. But it is nice to have the ears standing so early!!!!! Wow great job by you and the vet.

Naveen

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i think it might be the way i took the pictures.. he likes to movw around alot when taking pictures. when i look at him straight.. his ears.. they seem to be about even.. but im happy! heh.. here are some more picutres.. when he settles down for the night ill try to get closer shots of his ears. [edit] heh i think he had turned his ear when i was taking the pictures.. cause i went to take on and they both looked even and the min i snapped the pictures he turned his one ear.. so i think that is the reason.. ( or maybe im just making excuses LOL.. ) but anyways they look good.. no dog is perfect that is what makes them who they are!

·
Registered
602 Posts
He looks great with his ears up and he does look like a mischievous boy ready to get into something. You will not believe how much frustration and headache you have skipped if you don't have to post the ears anymore.

Naveen

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was actully hopeing to have them taped up more.. the vet says i get two free tapings and i was also expecting to do them after the vet ( even went out and baught all the supplys LOL ).. but yeah it will be nice not to have to do it.. knock on wood!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh he's GORGOUS!! Gosh it brings back memories of Bruno's ear's getting done hehe. He looks fantastic tho. HeHe @ the peeing when he got home. Looks just like Bruno with the little sqwat haha ;)

VERY CUTE!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
They look pretty good DobiLove, is the one on the left (facing him) standing all the way up??
I bet your soooo happy and glad it's all over with. I can't say Im looking forward to it. Although my breeder only lives about 1/2 hour away and said she would tape them every week...Thank god!! But Im still going to learn how to do it. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it stand all the way up.. but in the pictures he likes to turn his ear.. when hes paying attention to something it looks better then in the pictures heh. i keep trying to get him when hes trained on something.. but the min i take a pic he desides to do something else.. thank god for a digi cam lol. one of these days ill get him when both his ears are straight faceing you

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
:cool2: Wow, awesome that they are standing that good so fast!

I think that must be the difference between taping them immediately after the crop and waiting until the stitches are out. I like your way better. Nash gets his taped this week, I only hope to get close to those results so soon.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
hes not turning his ear - it looks like he has the start of a pocket in his right ear (the left one when he faces us, but his actual right ear) - it tips over his head a little more, and it doesnt stand as tall. i would correct that with corrective posting.

while the crop is not the style i like, it is nice that they are standing so well - however, watch them because the minute they start to droop, he will need to be posted again. i personally would post that right ear to correct the pocket forming and have it stand up correctly. i also hate when people stop posting early and the tips of the ears start to fall - my own current rescue has that sort of crop and her ears would look so much nicer if they kept her posted and use breathe right strips rather than just stopping.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
OMG, trust me when I say that if you never have to post his ears it is a BLESSING!!!!! So glad that you got him back, and that you are happy with his ears, that is all that matters. He looks like a big kid now!! :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts