Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Big Lil pup
6,149 Posts
Ugh... What happened to our nice mellow Pacific NW winter weather? Iv'e been on crutches all winter which has made it doubly difficult.

John
Portland OR

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Our water comes from our snowpack in the Mts. We are at 190% the last I heard.
Snow on the ground down in the valley here even today.

John, why are you on crutches?

Loved the photos, Darkev!

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Zuko's Mom
189 Posts
Wow, great pictures!! Iowa has had it very mild winter this year. Nothing on the ground at the moment, we had about an inch this week but it melted overnight. Good thing your dogs look like they love the snow!!!

·
Big Lil pup
6,149 Posts
@Cressrb

"John, why are you on crutches?

Left hip: Completely deteriorated hip due to Osteoarthritis. Finally had hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago. Healing up!

Right knee: Medial meniscus injury. Have to wait until the hip is healed before we can address it.

I guess I had too much active fun as an invincible kid and young adult. LOL.

John
Portland OR

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,581 Posts
Beautiful pictures but you can keep the snow there, lol.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
John, really sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery speeds by. They do miracles with that surgery these days.

·
Big Lil pup
6,149 Posts
John, really sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery speeds by. They do miracles with that surgery these days.
So true Bonnie. My total hip replacement was done out-patient at a Sports/ Orthopedic facility. Two weeks into rehab, I am experiencing less pain than before surgery. Although I would not recommend skipping the post-op hospital stay to everyone, it worked for me. If things go smoothly, one is simply dealing with pain and inconvenience.

I am going to be in West Y much of August. We are planting my aunt's ashes next to my mother and grand parent's, overlooking Hebgen. I'd love too swing down and look at your very cool sounding project.

PM me sometime.

John

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snowmageddon#4 is here. :)

we woke up to another 5 inches of snow on the ground this morning!

"4:57 AM PST Monday 06 March 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:
•Sunshine Coast

More snow expected for the south coast tonight and Tuesday.

A cold, moist and unstable flow of air originating from the Gulf of Alaska will continue to plague the south coast.

Isolated flurries and showers along with some sunny breaks are expected today. But by tonight, a more organized band of precipitation will move through the region. This band will likely give local snowfall accumulations of 2 to 4 cm.

On Tuesday, another area of organized precipitation will arrive bringing a further 2 to 5 cm for most areas. Some slight warming Tuesday afternoon may cause a change to rain.

The regions included in this weather statement may be upgraded to warnings.
"

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I swear British Columbia sends her weather down here!

·
Big Lil pup
6,149 Posts
Snowed here last night. Only stuck up in the hills. Currently it is snowing hard and continually at pass levels (50 miles east of us). Timberline Lodge, about 60 miles east of Portland, has received 435" annual snowfall to date. 36 feet!

John
Portland OR

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
John - that is unreal!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My dogs enjoy themselves all the time, no matter what kind of weather we are having. :)

Right now it is really snowing hard and they are playing outside with a really big stick.

and....welcome to DT HazelLowe! :)

Snowmageddon#4 is here!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts