Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The smiling thread just got he thinking...

My old gal was a smiler. She was also too smart for her own good. Always pulling what my mother called "dobie jokes". Her smiles were always at the appropriate moments. I am so sorry that I have no pictures of them.
When greeting or when she found something amusing or had done something SHE thought was particularly clever...

Does anyone have any pictures to share? Any funny memories?

I recall once about a hundred years ago during a tracking class, we were "finding" a person and my mother was the volunteer. It was dark and we had just travelled the length of the property and come to the "wall" when I hear the smallest growl from my girl. Her little nub is wagging tentatively... My mom started laughing and came out of hiding, the dog was grinning and seemed SO embarrassed she growled at mom.

Oh how I miss that dog. They do sear your heart when they leave.

Bev

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My current Doberman Odin smiles but I have yet to get a picture of him doing it yet. My last Doberman Gabriel always smiled when I got home, but long story short I had to put him down when he was 9 1/2. I felt so bad for having to do it that I ended up talking to an animal communicator and found out half way through talking to her that she was in fake because she said Gabriel was talking about my nephew and the communicator had no way of knowing that so I knew she had some true talent.

Anyways I asked her a few questions to ask Gabriel and in return he answered them the best he could. I told him that I loved him so much and that him smiling always made my day. He replied that he knew that I loved him and he knew that him smiling always made my day that he loved the fact that I treated him like the superstar he thought he was.

When people would walk into my house with me and see Gabriel walk up to me with a smile it always freaked them out. But they knew he wouldn't even hurt a fly, silly boy ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Does anyone else think smiling is a learned trait? My brothers Aussie is a smilier, then Wrigley started smiling, now Dover smilies too.

Wrigley always smiles at one of my parents dogs. Wrigley is super submissive to her. But if she is in the right mood, we can get her to smile at us too.

Dover smiles when she is really happy. When we get home from work,etc. For those of you that don't know, Dover is a bloodhound, so she looks so funny trying to get all of those lips up. She never gets much of a toothy smile.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of either. As fast as the smile comes, it's gone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Aries does it when he knows he's guilty of something. The first time he did it we were upset that he destroyed a roll of paper towels when we were out and as my boyfriend was angrily picking up the huge mess he turned at Aries and said "You're the reason my back hurts now"--- Aries just smiled and showed his front teeth while shyly looking away!

Needless to say I started cracking up and any attempt at discipline was lost.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah it's funny because when I get home, Zeus has to pick something up to come greet me with it. But if he doesn't find something to carry, he starts smiling. lol It cracks me up and I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts