Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for this everyone, a disgusting topic.
My 9 month old Doberman is now producing a green discharge from his penis. It drips everywhere and can stain quite easily. He’s not neutered.
Does anyone else have a dog that does this, and if so, do you know if it lasts forever?
Cleaning it up is a really horrible job haha

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
If it's green I'd check with his vet. Intact males usually have pale yellow smegma. And yes it's hard to clean up. I've found over years of intact males that if it's reasonably fresh Windex will clean it up pretty easily. Older stains take something like PineSol applied liberally and then reapplied as needed to get everything off walls and wood work.

But it's better than cleaning baby diapers which seems to go on forever. I really hated them.

dobebug

·
Registered
77 Posts
My guy is going to be ten months old tomorrow and has the same thing. I was concerned about the color looking a little greener than I'd expect, but when I brought him into his adolescence check up last week, the vet said she wasn't concerned with the color and that it would drastically reduce in production once he's neutered. It's a pain because it gets everywhere including on my lovely white duvet (he's lucky he's cute), but it's temporary in my mind and nothing a little scrub of the floors or wash of the duvet can't get out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smegma is normal, but if you think it's too much, you could also try looking for a supps containing green tea, which has antibacterial properties that can stave off infection. However, you'd better consult a vet if you think the amount is not normal, cause it can be a sign of something more serious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts