Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

small 7 month old

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Toby'shuman 
#1 ·
I'm looking at pics of everyone's dobie and they look big. I have a 7 month old that is only 2 feet tall (floor to back) and weighs about 50lbs. Will she ever grow?

#3 ·
The standard for females is around 65lbs and I forget how many inches. Someone please? So it doesnt sound all that off to me. Can you post some pics for everyone to see? Kyrah is over size not by choice that is just how she turned out. Your girl hasnt filled out yet either. As they mature the shape will change some. Like the chest will fill out. I dont know if I am explaining this right. Hopefully someone else that knows the time frame will chime in. I remember Kyrah being very lanky and thin around that age. I was really trying to put some weight on her. Now I wish she would stop gaining!

#6 ·
The standard for females is around 65lbs and I forget how many inches. Someone please?
The AKC standard is 24-26" with about 25.5" being "ideal."

And that is measuring to the wither, not the back. Not sure where OP is measuring but it sound like the back, which is lower. This shows the wither. The top of the front angle measurement

Forequarters

#10 ·
agree. Plus I think in the next year she will bulk up a little. I think a final weight of the 60's is good for a female.

Reactions: timmylampp
#11 ·
She's still growing at 7-months old. She sounds like a really good size for a young, growing girl. :)

Reactions: timmylampp
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.