Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a Doberman pup who just turned seven months. Her ears are only recently standing (backer rod method) and one seems to be somewhat crooked at the top. I don't want to keep using the whole backer rod if I don't have to. Any tips for how to straighten it out, or alternatively, do you think I should just leave it?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
From the picture you've posted the right ear doesn't appear significantly different than the left ear. Right ear has a little more curve of the pinnae (ear leather) than left but I would probably just leave it.

From what I think the difference in the two ears looks like if you really want to try to get an exact match between the two ears I think you'd need to post the entire ear. It don't think it's just the tip.

But I'll also mention the fact that ears are often slightly asymmetrical and sometimes no amount of reposting or fiddling around with the ears will make them match perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
15,370 Posts
The right one (from the perspective of the picture)
I think they look pretty good. It's hard to get them perfectly straight when the ear crop shape is a little wider like your pup's. The tips tend to bend outward because of the extra ear leather versus on a show style crop. Having said that, it's not going to hurt to keep posting if you feel like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts