Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Tank is so high drive and such a doofus, at this point I can't imagine him sleeping outside of his crate (with door firmly closed). I know he is only a year old and things could change . . . like I said, I can't imagine.

Is there anyone out there with a mature dobe that simply cannot be trusted overnight?

For those of you that went from sleeping in crate to sleeping wherever - were there any accidents during the transition?

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me personally i did the kennal (and always will)(there kennel is the SAFE zone)for a few month's and then worked there way into the "free world" at night. with your room closed off. like a board or even in my instance a post office piece of card board to block the bedroom from the outside (rest of the house) world. Ive always kept them close to me so they have to always be close in a sense, since then Ive never had a problem and Ive raised 5 dobies from pups any other ideas are welcome

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Shanoa could not be left uncrated until she was about 2 1/2 years old. Some dogs are never trustworthy when left alone. Once I decided she could be trusted uncrated, she had no accidents, didn't destroy anything, and was totally fine.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I live in a shared home, I have the best place in the house, in the basement. I trust chase to be fine out of the crate, but I don't trust the roommates to keep the place dog safe. So, just to make sure chase won't go midnight snacking, I crate him. He loves his crate, and will put himself to bed if I don't do it first :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts