Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were actually sleeping until I got up quietly to grab the camera... You certainly can't move without notice around these guys... Everything is a potential game.

John:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they weren't so big they could be cats... the way they preen each other.

they have a routine every night:

dinner - walk - chase each other- hide and seek (me hiding) - rest -clean each other - play- and they have to get in their beds in the bedroom at 10 pm, complaining if you stay up too late

I have never seen dogs who trade toys when they want what the other one has.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Nice to see the Boys!

observation and question..................your blue boy looks like he may have a low thyroid issue, thinning coat and a 'heaviness' about his head and throat. Have you ever had his thyroid levels checked?

Hugz to the boys!
I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

It is nice to see these boys getting along so well!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will have to have him tested. Although he has always been a large boy. He weighs 103 lbs, doesn't seem to be fat though... he is all muscle and loves running. His brother is 76 lbs and seems to regulate his own eating very well. The grey one is a lover of food... while the black one will stop eating if he feels full.

John

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
My old guy looked very similar to your blue when he started having low thyroid. He went from a self-regulator of food to a get the heck out of my way before I knock you over to get my food kind of dog with low thyroid!:roflmao:

Good for you to being open to having it checked out.:nicejob:

Reactions: Amelia_

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just how odd these guys are:

In the evening they each have their own dinner bowls.
In the morning they share a bowl. The grey one (Amore) starts eating first. The black one (Baron) gives Amore some time to start eating and then looks every once in a while. When it reaches half full Baron pops the bowl with his nose and Amore will walk away. Baron then finishes it.

Some mornings they both decide not to eat breakfast.
So I couldn't really say Amore always devours food.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts