Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been awhile since I have been active on here. I check in every so often. I thought I would post the passing of my baby blue Asher to those who remember us. About a month ago we made the heart breaking decision to see him move on to a better place. This has been such a difficult time for us that it has taken me a long time to put this out there.

For those who knew Asher, knew that he was riddled with health issues. He was literally my "million dollar dog". I will never regret anything that I have done for him to help him over the years. No trip was far enough to make him feel better. He never gave any doctor a hard time even when I know he felt terrible. Every office fell in love with him.

Over the years I have faced many times that he was not expected to pull through the night. He never lost his hope in me. He was a trooper and wasn't ready to leave my side. Even though we have experienced what we thought was "preparation" for such an event, nothing ever prepares you for the heartbreak.

He has taken part in so much of my life. We have gone from single days, to married life to welcoming home my daughter. I am so thrilled that he was able to celebrate all of those passing years. He has proven to be the greatest companion. I am saddened that he won't be around to bring home our next. He has been my friend, companion and protector. He was my heart and soul and will never be forgotten. I will have engraved in my memories his last weekend with us and the last day leaving home. My 2 yr old daughter giving him a huge hug and kiss goodbye. I knew he was ready for something better and I hope I have made him proud and feel everyday was worth it.

I stopped taking pictures of him over the years. I wanted to remember him younger and healthy. I still have his video all those years ago that I made of him.

Sleep softly baby blue. You lived life to the fullest you could. Watch over us and we will meet again someday.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
DreamDoby it's nice to see you here and I'm so very sorry it's not with happier news.

RIP Asher you handsome boy.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Bless your heart and I am so sorry to read about your pain and devastation in loosing your blue boy. Sounds like he was one awesome boy and very lucky to have had you to look over him and take care of him. RIP Blue Boy you are now free of this earthly pain.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful photo tribute to handsome Asher.

Reactions: DreamDoby

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Asher was beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason we have them for such a short while is that with the complete devotion a Doberman gives us, can you imagine losing one after 25 years. They love with 110% of their being.

Reactions: DreamDoby
1 - 20 of 22 Posts