Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
hmm she is doin great . she 50 days old now . my vet told me to start pedigree puppy feed from 55 th day onwards and start giving semi solid food to stabilize her bowel . she is playful , wakes me up every morning by chewing my ear and barking . i let her sleep in my room in my bed , is it a bad move ? . i hate to see a 50 day old puppy seperated from her mom sleeping alone in her dog bed . that is why i alow her to sleep in my bed . so when can i start giving her a bath ? .and thanks everyone for their concern .

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
My concern with her sleeping in bed with you is her possibly falling off or getting injured. There is a story posted right now of a puppy that has a broken leg from falling off of the owner's couch. But if you were to make a pallet on the floor, maybe an air mattress or something :) Unless you want her sleeping with you for the rest of her life, I would suggest you wean her to a crate or her bed. I spent the first month that Chi was here sleeping on the sofa next to her crate with my fingers through the door. Talk about arm cramps and sleep deprivation!
It will be tuff at first but I'm sure that she will quickly adjust to a crate, especially if you give her a sheet or blanket off of the bed that she's been sleeping on with you. But crating will help in potty training and through the chewing stage...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
actually i dont mind her sleeping with me as long as she wants . and she doesnt mind sleeping in her crate when i dont allow her on my bed . now the big problem is she pee's and poops all over my house . my house is a big one with a huge backyard and we have compound wall surrounding my house s. how can i teach her not to pee or poop inside the house . and when ever the urge comes she has to go to the backyard . please advice me .

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Kratty quite brilliantly came up with the idea for the Town Hall for cases just like this... Here is a link to a thread where we all wrote in our ideas and suggestions for house and crate training :)
http://www.dobermantalk.com/showthread.php?t=749
I'm sure you'll find all that you need to know there but if not, don't hesitate to ask.
I would guess that the problem with her pottying in the house now is that it is simply too big. She's young and doesn't know her boundaries... The advice in this thread and crate training will certainly help :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Deepak, try to find a super premium dog food if you can. I haven't been to India in some years but am sure if you do a thorough search you should be able to find something.

From what I remember the resources we are pointing Deepak to aren't as easy to access in India. But the effort you are making is wonderful.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Naveen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for all the effort people . and mr.desi we do have all the foreign products in india . but my vet told me to feed my puppy royal canine puppy formulae .But my petshop told me to start giving her solid food like pedigree puppy so that her bowel will stabilize . she has gained 2.2 lbs from being just 4.4 lbs to 8.8 lbs in ten days . and what is the appropriate weight of a doberman pup that is 50 days old.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
thanks . she was just 4.4 pounds when she came o me three weeks back . now she is about 9.9 pounds . i am feeding her pedigree puppy with milk . can i give her raw egg with milk ? . she is about 1 ft tall at the withers now .

·
Registered
134 Posts
She is only 8 weeks now. It will take a while to know what her adult size will be. Also you have to realize she didnt have the best start so her growth might still be alittle off, maybe even stunted. I might be totally wrong but i think you are just going to have to wait and see. There is no way of telling how being away from mom and everything else will affect her.
Do you know how big her mother was? Because that is a good idea of what to expect if nothing has messed with her development.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think i had gotten the runt of my friends litter. he was the last one left when we got him. and at 7 and 1/2 weeks he was weighing almost 8 lbs. he has a fat bellie (no worms, had his fecal checked) but is skinny on top. but he has also grown taller then he was when we got him.
your puppy sounds too for his size. but all puppys grow at differnt rates. so in the next month or so he might hit a spurt.
Good luck with him. and keep sending pics. hes a cutie.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
hmm her mother was quite big for a female doberman . and i think even my pup is quite big for her age . eventhough she was skinny when i brought her home she was quite healthy and has a frame . her paws were huge . but i dunno how being away from her mother is gonna affect her because its a normal practise in india to seperate the pup from the mother with six weeks . by the way she is doing great now very healthy good legs and shiny coat . since i am not going to show her i want her to be huge . i am supplementing her diet with calcium supplements and vitamins .

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.