Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
A 4 week old puppy should still be nursing from the dam! Puppies should not leave the mother or the littermates until they are at least 8 weeks old. They learn so much about bite inhibition and general manners in that time frame.

I'm not sure what you mean by her legs are really good?

You need to get that puppy to a vet asap. You may have to supplement with a puppy formula or wet some dry dog food, NOT Pedigree, that is trash and make it mushy for the little one to be able to eat it.

This is a disaster. Who would take a 4 week old puppy away from it's mother??

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
From what I remember the resources we are pointing Deepak to aren't as easy to access in India. But the effort you are making is wonderful.
I wasn't aware he was in India. If he has access to Pedigree he might have access to Purina, which IMO is better than Pedigree.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You can mix the formula with some dry food to make it mushy. Ijust would chose a better quality dry food than pedigree. Really, it has the nutritional value of card board.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
deepaksikkanthar said:
hmm her mother was quite big for a female doberman . and i think even my pup is quite big for her age . eventhough she was skinny when i brought her home she was quite healthy and has a frame . her paws were huge . but i dunno how being away from her mother is gonna affect her because its a normal practise in india to seperate the pup from the mother with six weeks . by the way she is doing great now very healthy good legs and shiny coat . since i am not going to show her i want her to be huge . i am supplementing her diet with calcium supplements and vitamins .
Too much calcium is not good for her bones.
My first Doberman was the runt of litter. He weighed 1/3 of what his littermates weighed. He ended up still weighing 85 lbs.
She will be the size she is meant to be. Iwouldn't try to change that.
Just love her for what she is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.