Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i am new to doberman forum . i bought a dobe female puppy from a friend . the mother of my puppy is a really good dog a show class dog . and the puppy shows all the characteristics of her mother . the legs are really good . due to my friends negligence she is too skinny . she is a month old . so what can i do to make her gain weight and be normal . and when can i start feeding pedigree to her . any help is really appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys i know that a month and 10 days is too early to seperate the pup . but what else do you expect us to do when the mother is not taking care of the pup as this is her first litter and this is the only pup . no please tell me what all can feed her . i give her cow's milk four times a day with cerelac ( infant food) . what else can i give her to gain weight .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks everyone for the support . and about the puppy formulae . i asked my pet about that she told me to feed her cerelac ( baby formulae for infants ) she told its good and nutritious for my puppy .and frznbuns thanks a lot , but u wont be able to help me because i live in india . my puppy got her first shot ( parvo ) today . my vet told me to bring her back after a month for the booster and combined vaccines . and she told me that th puppy is healthy just a bit underweight . once again thanks for all the help .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
hmm she is doin great . she 50 days old now . my vet told me to start pedigree puppy feed from 55 th day onwards and start giving semi solid food to stabilize her bowel . she is playful , wakes me up every morning by chewing my ear and barking . i let her sleep in my room in my bed , is it a bad move ? . i hate to see a 50 day old puppy seperated from her mom sleeping alone in her dog bed . that is why i alow her to sleep in my bed . so when can i start giving her a bath ? .and thanks everyone for their concern .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
actually i dont mind her sleeping with me as long as she wants . and she doesnt mind sleeping in her crate when i dont allow her on my bed . now the big problem is she pee's and poops all over my house . my house is a big one with a huge backyard and we have compound wall surrounding my house s. how can i teach her not to pee or poop inside the house . and when ever the urge comes she has to go to the backyard . please advice me .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for all the effort people . and mr.desi we do have all the foreign products in india . but my vet told me to feed my puppy royal canine puppy formulae .But my petshop told me to start giving her solid food like pedigree puppy so that her bowel will stabilize . she has gained 2.2 lbs from being just 4.4 lbs to 8.8 lbs in ten days . and what is the appropriate weight of a doberman pup that is 50 days old.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
thanks . she was just 4.4 pounds when she came o me three weeks back . now she is about 9.9 pounds . i am feeding her pedigree puppy with milk . can i give her raw egg with milk ? . she is about 1 ft tall at the withers now .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
guys i need another help . now my dobie is two months old . now whats the appropriate weight and height . now he measures 12 inches at the shoulder can someone calculate her adult height for me .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
hmm her mother was quite big for a female doberman . and i think even my pup is quite big for her age . eventhough she was skinny when i brought her home she was quite healthy and has a frame . her paws were huge . but i dunno how being away from her mother is gonna affect her because its a normal practise in india to seperate the pup from the mother with six weeks . by the way she is doing great now very healthy good legs and shiny coat . since i am not going to show her i want her to be huge . i am supplementing her diet with calcium supplements and vitamins .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
thanks for all the advice . i know that dobermans are medium sized dogs . and i shouldn accelerate her grwoth much . but i dont want her to end up a small dog . and i have another doubt , right now i allow her inside my room and everywhere inside my house . but a breeder told me that a pup shouldn be allowed in shiny and polished surface because its leg will not be straight when it grows . is it true ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
hmm thanks a lot . my puppy has grown into a handsome well shaped dobie from a skinny malnourished puppy three weeks back . she ll be getting her booster for the combined vaccine by 24th of this month . by the way i am not cropping her i like the natural floppy ear . by the way i read some site that vitamin capsules for humans can also be given to dogs , is it true ? ifso what abt calcium supplements .and i also want some advice on my post about her leg .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
hi everyone been a long time since i made a post . now almost 2 and half months over she is doing great . she is perfect in all aspects .she is getting her daily supplement of vitamins and calcium . now the problem is that i have a large yard with wall i let her out offleash inside my yard . whenever she steps out she gets bitten by mosquitoes . is there any mosquitoe repellents for dogs please let me know .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
hi all . ok now my puppy is healthy and playfull , had her second set of vaccinations . now i am going to take the road less traveled yes i am going to feed my pup raw diet . after reading a lot about raw food and talking to lot of people . i have come to the conclusion . i am going to feed raw . In India where i live raw meat is much cheaper than commercial food . i have lot of butchers near my place . so i am going to start feeding her raw . ill keep you people updated on the progress .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.