Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DOBERMAN RESCUE OF NEW MEXICO NEEDS HELP!!!

"SIXTEEN Dobermans have been removed from a backyard breeder and need our help urgently. What can you do? 1. Foster- Start by filling out a foster application here: http://​www.dobermanrescuenm.org/​fostering.html 2. Crosspost- Help us spread the word about these dogs in need. 3. Donate- The more dogs we are able to help from this situation, the more expensive it will become. Every dollar can help us and your gift is tax-deductible! http://​www.dobermanrescuenm.org/ (the Donate Link is underneath "welcome"."

Here are a few pictures of some of the 16 dogs that were taken in by the DOBERMAN RESCUE OF NEW MEXICO. PLEASE HELP in any way that you can.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
16 underfed dogs found in Valencia County home | KOB.com

"Sixteen Doberman pinchers are fighting for their lives at Valencia County Animal Control, while an additional three are in such failing health, they are being cared for by emergency services.

Investigators are not yet identifying the breeder whose home they took the dogs from, but said, that individual is facing 19 counts of animal cruelty.

"There's nothing there except bone, nothing there at all," Valencia County Animal Control Director Erik Tanner said. "She's skinny and sunken."

That is how the neglected Dobermans are all described - underfed, malnourished and severely underweight.

"They were kept in crates that were too small for them to even stand upright in or turn around; they were pretty filthy," Tanner said.

The purebred Dobermans came from a breeder, who's name is not being released, who had been breeding dogs illegally, without a permit, in deplorable conditions, Tanner said.

"We're getting more and more like this, or people that used to be able to breed well that are falling behind as they get older or sicker and not seeing problems developing around them," Tanner said.

Skinny to the point where every bone, from ribs to hips, is seen protruding out as bad as a dog gets before it is dead, Tanner said.

"It's absolutely horrid," Marie Privett, who volunteers with the Valencia County Shelter, said she is heartbroken after meeting the Dobermans.

Privett emphasized getting a dog from a breeder doesn't necessarily mean they are cared for any better.

"More times than not, those dogs are kept in horrible conditions," Privett said. "They aren't cared for as family members at all."

Having the dogs in the hands of animal control is their first step back toward health, but it may be a challenging road ahead.

"If it was the fact they were just underfed or malnourished, I've had dogs put on remarkable weight in a month, sometimes less," she said.

The breeder willingly surrendered the dogs to animal control and had not been arrested as of Saturday evening.

There may be multiple owners involved, Tanner said, since people from out of state are even claiming ownership over some of the dogs.

None of the Dobermans will be adopted out; instead, they will all be placed with appropriate rescue groups, Tanner said."

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Crossed-posted and donated. Those poor babies. :(

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
There's another thread here in the rescue section on the same dogs....but glad it's got a higher profile on this thread.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I cross-posted and was told that they just got a "page cannot be displayed" when clicking on the donate button.

It looks to me like it goes to paypal only, which is what I always use, but if someone doesn't use paypal, would this be the problem?

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Last Hope Doberman Rescue took two females into our adoption program: Kari, a blue female, natural ears, docked tail, about 4 years old; Cricket (formerly "Athena"), black female, natural ears, docked tail, under a year old. We think she might be Kari's daughter.

Both have been fully vetted: vax, spay, HW test, deworming, flea and tick prevention, microchip. I'm happy to report both are HW-negative.

I am fostering Kari. She just got here and is recovering from her spay, so I don't yet know her personality, but I will say she is strong, pulls like a sled dog! When I get to know her better, I'll start a thread about her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts