Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my husband preached on Christmas day (he's a chaplain). He decided that he wanted a visual example for his sermon, which talked about why we celebrate Christmas on December 25th. Basically, the point of having Simon there was as an example - we don't know Simon's birthday (he's a rescue), and so we just picked a day to celebrate because we love him and want to celebrate a birthday. So Simon went to church! He came up to the front with me during the sermon and sat quietly for the sermon, occasionally glancing over at my husband in case he might get some pets. After that part of the service, we sat down in the front pew. He decided to lay down at my feet with his head on my lap. He was quiet and well behaved for the rest of the church service. There was music (organ, bells, flute, trumpet) and people were walking right past him after communion. He was completely relaxed and was not bothered by any of it. After the service, he met some members of the congregation and got lots of pets and a few treats. He was just amazing! I wasn't sure how he'd do in a situation like that, as I don't know his background and we haven't taken him anywhere quite like this. It's nice to have such a nice, relaxed dog with a rock solid temperament. One person came up to pet him afterward and asked what kind of dog he was. When I replied that he is a Doberman, she laughed and said she would have been scared if she had known ahead of time! She said he really was a good ambassador of the breed. I was super proud of him, and had to share!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
What a good boy! You know you will have to take him every week now. If you don't everyone will ask for him. I think it's great that he can go. I wanted to take Oliver to the Mission and have him blessed (he needs it). But until we get his emotions in check, he's not going out in public places.

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:nicejob:Those rescue kids can sure surprise us sometimes can't they ! Way to go Simon, did you dress up?
Yes, he wore a new fleece I whipped up on Christmas Eve :) He really is a great example of the breed.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
What a touching & most delightful story...brought me a big smile, just reading it.
- now that's a way, to raise membership, start counting legs...lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts