Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent heat wave in Minnesota, we've been spending a lot of time in our basement (no central A/C in the house). My husband has claimed the unfinished basement as "his" space - he outfitted it last summer with a 3D TV, PS3, and a couple of old, comfy recliners. Apparently, Simon loves the "boys room." He's claimed one of the recliners as his own. Sometimes I make him get down, but he's so comfy I often don't have the heart to do it and I just sit on the floor :D You know you love your dog when you're sitting on the concrete floor so he can have the comfy chair!

Mom, this is the best!

I could not be more comfy!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Awwe...love it. Stay cool Simon!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
With the recent heat wave in Minnesota, we've been spending a lot of time in our basement (no central A/C in the house). My husband has claimed the unfinished basement as "his" space - he outfitted it last summer with a 3D TV, PS3, and a couple of old, comfy recliners. Apparently, Simon loves the "boys room." He's claimed one of the recliners as his own. Sometimes I make him get down, but he's so comfy I often don't have the heart to do it and I just sit on the floor :D You know you love your dog when you're sitting on the concrete floor so he can have the comfy chair!
Mom, this is the best!
MeadowCat - dober MOMS are the best / Simon really knows, its great to be in the MAN CAVE...with his DAD.
- mom needs a portable LAWN CHAIR or LOUNGER, in the basement (problem solved)...:roflmao:
(to hang out, in the comfort ZONE...can't change "what is working, now"...dobes truly realize, Mom sacrifices)

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the problem is what exactly, 2 chairs, 1 Dog, 1 Woman, man on floor, perfect.
No way is the husband going to take the floor :D

I just need another chair, I think!

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simon sure looks great!

His coat is so much healthier looking...

he looks great in that chair too. :)

Hugz to the furkids!
Yeah, he's doing great. He's such an awesome dog. I don't know if you followed my thread about his lick sores, but they are both totally healed up!

·
joie de vivre
11,271 Posts
What a sweet boy. He does look super comfy!

I'd make mine move over and share though. They can either sit on me or deal with the floor. Either way, I'm sitting in the chair! LOL

·
Registered
884 Posts
When we've had people over and we're one chair short because Maiya is on one of the recliners (her chair normally), I have carried a wood kitchen chair into the living room to sit on. I probably wouldn't sit on the concrete floor though. Perhaps you need a very comfortable, over-stuffed dog bed for Simon and YOU could sit on that. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When we've had people over and we're one chair short because Maiya is on one of the recliners (her chair normally), I have carried a wood kitchen chair into the living room to sit on. I probably wouldn't sit on the concrete floor though. Perhaps you need a very comfortable, over-stuffed dog bed for Simon and YOU could sit on that. :)
There are several huge, fluffy dog beds to choose from down there. He's a dog who knows what he likes :)

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm with Brigitte, Elka moves her butt enough that I can squeeze in as well!
Shanoa and I can easily share a chair. Simon's huge, though. He's 31 inches and almost 90 pounds. He also tends to sprawl out, so while I *can* fit with him, it's just not comfortable :D

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,256 Posts
Concrete is very cool to lie on in a heat wave--the boys just don't know what they are missing.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,602 Posts
Awe, so cute! Time for a mom cave. :)

Reactions: MeadowCat
1 - 20 of 23 Posts