Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Thank you - that was awesome.

Is that a leather long line?

I noticed that you had some children watching toward the end, do you explain to them what it is about? Just wondering how people doing any sort of protection training in public handle the public - it can look frightening I suppose.

Does Silence ever miss the sleeve? He appears to know exactly what he is doing. What do you think is going thru his mind? It looks to me like he knows very clearly what to do etc. How do you think in a real life situation he would react? Just curious.

He appears to have a good deep bite but I am sure your husband/bf would know best - LOL.

Who is Anubis?

666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - that was awesome.

Is that a leather long line?

I noticed that you had some children watching toward the end, do you explain to them what it is about? Just wondering how people doing any sort of protection training in public handle the public - it can look frightening I suppose.

Does Silence ever miss the sleeve? He appears to know exactly what he is doing. What do you think is going thru his mind? It looks to me like he knows very clearly what to do etc. How do you think in a real life situation he would react? Just curious.

He appears to have a good deep bite but I am sure your husband/bf would know best - LOL.

Who is Anubis?
No, sadly the long line is nylon, but it is soft however. The children belong to the videographer, lol. Logan and Lukas participate in their own dogs training (german shepherds also schutzhund training), Lukas especially. We do go to public places to educate people about bite training and how we train the dog to be clear-headed. Notice the children and other sleeve on the ground as Silence is sent into his guard.

Silence doesn't miss. He has some bites that are amiss, lol. He knows what he supposed to do, when he can do it, and how.

As Craig McDonald said about him,

"That dog does not 'go through the motions' of protection training, that dog has some bad bad intentions....I don't want to see him really protect you, because that will be ugly..."

Though he is truely a sweet, social dog...don't push the issue. My sport dogs have extra training that turn them into dependable not "ghetto trained" protection dogs. I have a problem with new decoys wanting to puff out their chests and try and back Silence down in a "real life" type of scenario, and Silence has always prevailed. Long story short, though he's still very young...I trust him with my life, and he trusts me to know what I'm doing (don't know why...but he does, lol) He also just recently did muzzle fighting and passed with gold stars, went right into the pocket every hit and fought courageously in the take down.

As far as bite and grip goes, he basically chokes on either suit or sleeve his grip is so deep, and as far as hardness goes, let's put it this way...you aren't flinging him off all too soon.

Sidenote: PSA has a muzzle attack in the level 3

Reactions: Kpablo

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
No, sadly the long line is nylon, but it is soft however. The children belong to the videographer, lol. Logan and Lukas participate in their own dogs training (german shepherds also schutzhund training), Lukas especially. We do go to public places to educate people about bite training and how we train the dog to be clear-headed. Notice the children and other sleeve on the ground as Silence is sent into his guard.

Silence doesn't miss. He has some bites that are amiss, lol. He knows what he supposed to do, when he can do it, and how.

As Craig McDonald said about him,

"That dog does not 'go through the motions' of protection training, that dog has some bad bad intentions....I don't want to see him really protect you, because that will be ugly..."

Though he is truely a sweet, social dog...don't push the issue. My sport dogs have extra training that turn them into dependable not "ghetto trained" protection dogs. I have a problem with new decoys wanting to puff out their chests and try and back Silence down in a "real life" type of scenario, and Silence has always prevailed. Long story short, though he's still very young...I trust him with my life, and he trusts me to know what I'm doing (don't know why...but he does, lol) He also just recently did muzzle fighting and passed with gold stars, went right into the pocket every hit and fought courageously in the take down.

As far as bite and grip goes, he basically chokes on either suit or sleeve his grip is so deep, and as far as hardness goes, let's put it this way...you aren't flinging him off all too soon.

Sidenote: PSA has a muzzle attack in the level 3
Thanks for the info. I don't even know what a muzzle attack is - a-googling I must go ta-da...

Yeah, it doesn't look to me like he has any idea that this is just a game, he really means business - good thing he got the training to fixate on the sleeve or the bite suit but I think that is just his first preference, but anything would be fine to connect with if it was a real threat, right?

666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I don't even know what a muzzle attack is - a-googling I must go ta-da...

Yeah, it doesn't look to me like he has any idea that this is just a game, he really means business - good thing he got the training to fixate on the sleeve or the bite suit but I think that is just his first preference, but anything would be fine to connect with if it was a real threat, right?
He would grab anything thrown into his mouth, leg, arm, back he's seen it all. His preference is actually the left armpit or upper thigh. That's where all of his foundation work is, this is the first time being constantly worked on a sleeve. He is also a horrible face-nipper when it comes to his standing chest guard (another reason why we backed him up to a sit guard to clear up what it is he actually is supposed to do when the decoy is frozen up, he used to get down and spin out of confusion and get dirty) So, first choice in real life, left armpit (front or back), face, leg. I'm not tooting his horn or anything, but I know I feel safe with him by my side in a dark alleyway.

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Wow that was really cool to watch! Schutzhund is really looking like something I might like to get into. I didn't catch it in the video, but most of the time how tightly are you holding the line? It's just amazing how he sits right in front of the decoy barking like crazy yet waits for your command.

666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that was really cool to watch! Schutzhund is really looking like something I might like to get into. I didn't catch it in the video, but most of the time how tightly are you holding the line? It's just amazing how he sits right in front of the decoy barking like crazy yet waits for your command.
We just started his bark and hold only four days ago, but I am slowly letting off the line, he's clean, I just need to correct him for a better out now. Thank you for your kind words, I need it now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.