Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have issues with young children (my boy is 3) and jealousy with your pooch?

I think sometimes he feels jealous when I give the dog attention and feels that Toro is stealing some time away from him. I always try to make him feel like he comes first, but I think he sometimes acts out because of it.

I take Toro out nightly for a long walk, but it would be too difficult to include my son, as he is still too young...

Input?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sounds like you need to get Toro fixed up with a halter and wagon and take that fellow with you. :)

No, don't have any jealousy issues with anyone OTHER than Da'Kari! She is the one that is jealous or so appears to be. I have read they don't get jealous that it is a control thing, who knows but if she sees me getting attention from hubby she will slice through and take over, same with Nash, she doesn't want us petting Nash. She wants to be front and center. Hubby can just put his hand on my leg and she will come over and jump up in my lap and lean on me. LOL, I am telling ya, the dog is definitely SRD!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Rebel73 said:
Does anyone here have issues with young children (my boy is 3) and jealousy with your pooch?

I think sometimes he feels jealous when I give the dog attention and feels that Toro is stealing some time away from him. I always try to make him feel like he comes first, but I think he sometimes acts out because of it.

I take Toro out nightly for a long walk, but it would be too difficult to include my son, as he is still too young...

Input?
Am I understanding right that your son is jealous? Not that the dog is jealous?

Can you take your son in a stroller on your walks? I don't use a stroller, so I'm not sure of weight limits they have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts