Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glastenbury, VT

"A pair of show dogs accustomed to strutting for judges spent 13 days in the wilderness after giving chase to a bear.
Magnum, 5, and Chili, 1 1/2, are Doberman Pinschers owned by Larry and Michele Lauzon of Bennington [VT]. The Lauzons took the dogs for a day trip to their log cabin near Glastenbury Mountain, and the dogs spotted a bear and immediately started to chase it into the woods.
Their owners were not worried and expected the dogs to be back shortly. They didn't return and eventually a search was organized over subsequent days.
The search ended up nearly two weeks later very close to where it all began, near a place called Hell Hollow.
They are healing at home now."

Just noticed this in yesterday's paper... thought I'd pass it along to y'all... Can you imagine? I don't know about the accuracy of this article though because I can pretty much guarantee that no matter how confident I was that Chi wouldn't run away and knew an area, I would be concerned if she was chasing a BEAR!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Byron ran after a wild turkey one day. Funny thing is it was the first and last time I have seen one. Wasn't something I was expecting. I don't see byron going after a bear though:haha:

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
I cant believe that the owners would let their show dogs give chase to a Bear, I know I wouldnt even let my pet give chase to a bear? Come on I bet they called them but they didnt return. I guess with all of the show training they didnt practice recall enough? Hehehe

TD

·
Registered
281 Posts
wow what a story..atleast they are back safely. Harvey chases deer but is a complete weirdo..he plays with my mums cats, turkeys and pygmy goat and never gives chase :-S

·
Registered
365 Posts
Twinkletoes said:
wow what a story..atleast they are back safely. Harvey chases deer but is a complete weirdo..he plays with my mums cats, turkeys and pygmy goat and never gives chase :-S
You see this is the intelligence of a Dobe, pfft mum's cats, turkeys, pygmy goat........sooooo domestic..(using snooty Dobe tones here)....but deer, now we're talking reeeeeaaaal prey!:)

·
Registered
521 Posts
TakirasDad said:
I cant believe that the owners would let their show dogs give chase to a Bear, I know I wouldnt even let my pet give chase to a bear? Come on I bet they called them but they didnt return. I guess with all of the show training they didnt practice recall enough? Hehehe

TD

I show and I know that alot of show dogs know only conformation and NO OBEDIENCE and it's all breeds not just one. Doesn't obedience come first? I'm being a smart *SS sorry. HEHE!!! Obedience comes first in my book!! I actually have a boy (Lab) that I co-own with and I got him when he was about 13 months and he knew a very little about obedience. Thats said. So I trained him for obedience.

Glad that the puppy's home and safe!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts