Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier in the summer Abby tore open the pads on all four paws running around on a concrete patio at my parents. We decided to get her booties for the occasions when she's at my parents.

Watching her walking around in them has got to be one of the funniest moments we've had with her. It wasn't until later that we thought to capture it on video. At this point she's starting to get used to them but from this short clip you can see she walks differently, almost as if she is trying to step out of them.

Anyone put booties on their dobes? These are a brand called "Pawtectors"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aytHl8MWKuU

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
When I first started hiking with Mavis she always wore her shoes, later on she didn't need them anymore. Then we just carried her shoes in case she needed them while out on the trail.

The post-holing-in-the-snow walk is so funny.

Ruff-Wear has some new shoes out that have some real tread on them. I tried to modify an old pair like that using an old Mt Bike tire, but I didn't have much success. As soon as Mensa's feet stop growing we're going to give them a try.

http://www.ruffwear.com/grip_trex_dog_boots?sc=2&category=11

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chaz said:
Ruff-Wear has some new shoes out that have some real tread on them. I tried to modify an old pair like that using an old Mt Bike tire, but I didn't have much success. As soon as Mensa's feet stop growing we're going to give them a try.
Those look like they could be used for some serious rock-climbing! I was hoping by getting black ones that they'd be a little less goofy looking....didn't work :emo:

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Rommel has boots!! He walked a little silly in them at first. Piper on the other hand.....she walks like she is walking on hot coals if you put boots on her, it is really funny to watch.

These are Rommels boots, I got them at PetSmart.

I will probably get them new ones this winter, I would like to get some of the MuttLucks. (I think thats what they are called)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
LOL, I just saw the video, that is exactly how Piper walks!! Sooooo funny to watch. Abby sure is pretty, how is the other dober-guy you adopted doing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts