Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i just got a beuatiful blue dobie female. she's one year old and very sweet. she's a little thin so we're working on that and doing great, but in addition to the food increase i've been adding an egg to her dinner to help with her coat. it isn't very shiny and makes her look less blue. its working well so far but i was wondering if there is anything else any of you would recommend to hep get a shiny coat? a shampoo,conditioner, food, food additive? etc.

my hubby and Luna

·
Registered
279 Posts
Fish oil supplements help in promoting good, shiny coats. We started giving it to our dogs as Tikka has dry skin and flakes. Since we've put her on fish oil, her coats improving and no flakes!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i agree with the above poster. i had the same problem, and followed the fish oil advice that was given to me on here... it made his coat sooooo gorgeous and shiny! and i think it even helped those short little coarse hairs feel softer too! :butfly:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks she does have some flakes as well so i will defiantly using this advice, any special shampoo as well?

·
Premium Member
8,337 Posts
Blue Dobermans can have a host of skin and coat issues beyond what non-dilute colors (black and red) have. There is a great website dedicated to the care of blue Dobermans -
Storm's Regimen

You should get some great information on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks velmadobe! btw i see we're from relatively the same hood. pa dobe owners represent. did you know you can no longer own a dobe with in the pittsburgh city limits? found this out a couple years ago.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Since she is a blue, she never will have a shiny coat like a black or a red. the hair are much corser and thinner. i do have a blue, he looks great and so far we don't have skin or coat problems, but his coat is so much differenter then the one from or little girl and isn't shiny like hers. what works very well is 3% Chlorehexidin shampoo from "DUXO" you can order it online or get it from your vet. and Fishoilcapsules 1 for each 20 lbs of body weight daily. there is a combination , Fishoil, Flachseedoil and borax/ borage oil ( don't know which is the right spelling lol ) get it at walmart, the human kind. AndStorms regime is a great place to look, but you don't need to do everything what you read there, but you will find out, that not everything will work for your dog. The shampoo and the oil cap. should help a lot. Any question you have about blues, let me know :)

Reactions: ebrill89
1 - 11 of 11 Posts