Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sinse I gradually switched Hero to Canidae from Pro Plan. She is so smelly. Has anybody that switched to this had the same thing. She really likes it but I'm not sure we do. LOL

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Im not sure what the ingredients are in Canidae, but I know if Piper or Rommel get ahold of anything with Lamb in it, you can hardly stand to be in the same room as them, maybe even the same house.

I know some GSDs who are on ProPlan and to me they are smelly....maybe it is just the breed, I dont know.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
Sinse I gradually switched Hero to Canidae from Pro Plan. She is so smelly. Has anybody that switched to this had the same thing. She really likes it but I'm not sure we do. LOL
Yes, that happened to one of mine. We gave it a chance for awhile, some weeks, but nothing changed, just seemed to get worse. It was not the food for that particular dog. But many dogs do do well on it and it is a good food.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
We had always had issues when switching to a new food. If we didn't stretch it out 10 to 14 days with the switch, we always had some ill effect going on.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I switched mine to Canidae and my dogs are not as gassy as they were. I do feed them cottage cheese, peanut butter, eggs and sometimes vegs so I think that when they do have gas it is probably from those side dishes. When I feed just the Canidae they are not gassy.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Nearly every dobe i have owned had a problem with lamb so i just steer clear of anything thaat say's lamb on the packet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hero never gets table scraps

I might give her some rice, veggies or cottage cheese once in awhile.But not sinse she has been on this food.
DaKari said:
I switched mine to Canidae and my dogs are not as gassy as they were. I do feed them cottage cheese, peanut butter, eggs and sometimes vegs so I think that when they do have gas it is probably from those side dishes. When I feed just the Canidae they are not gassy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts