Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since some of you are expecting this post... here we go!

ever since i lost mya a little over a month ago, i've missed having a second dog in the house - until now!

willow is here!! willow is my new "foster" -- she is an 8.5 year old female b/t, cropped dobe bitch who was abandoned by her second family in a NY shelter. she comes from a big commercial breeder, and is a sweet heart but a little picky with people :)

she also has wobblers and is incontinent and doesnt have many teeth...

so i couldnt resist :) we all know i have a thing for broken dogs :)

willow is currently resting upstairs in the dog bed - shes met the cats and ignored them both after a good sniff, and shes explored the house. i am letting her lay down where she wants right now (trying to remind myself to give her time, she doesnt have to love me yet!), but she comes as quick as she can when theres food involved! she does have some trouble walking and is stiff in the back end, but shes awful cute and adorable!

as soon as i can get good pics, i will! im letting her rest and adjust to the household. bowie is happy to see her but they dont really interact much, which i guess is as good as i can hope for right now :) and i have to think of another name i think - she doesnt really respond to it!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Awwwh, best of luck with her, glad she finally found a safe place to recover and rest! So by foster you mean, that you aren't keeping her!!! Hmm, we'll see.....

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good luck with her,and give her a big hug and kiss from everyone here in the brumwolf household.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys - pics will still have to be forthcoming, since shes still adjusting and i dont want to push it (or post pics of her being "ugly")...

shes currently in the crate working on a chicken leg quarter (the rescue also feeds raw, so its not a big transition!)...

she probably will never be adopted, but thats ok with me the rescue pretty much knew that any dog i took in wouldnt go anywhere...

shes slowly still adjusting - shes very shy and unsure of herself, but i can only imagine what its like to be in your third house, and having been in two different shelters.

hopefully tmw i can get bette rpics!

lexus - i actually want to talk to you about her...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oooh I can't wait to see pictures. :) Poor girl sounds like she's been delt a bad hand all her life. You're such a sweetheart to open your home(and heart) to her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts