Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our girl last night. Her names Red Sonya and she is absolutely amazing! She's way smarter then I expected for 8 weeks. As soon as we got her home, she started going to the back door to go outside. We hadn't even shown her the door yet. She slept in bed with us last night and whimpered to let me know she had to go out. It was snowing last night and she had no problems going out in it. We have 2 other dogs and she plays great with them. The only problem so far is the chewing. My other dogs weren't big chewers so I'm not really new to this. She seems to already love shoes. But we have a puppy pen set up and if someone isn't with her, she goes in her pen. So hopefully, that will help a bit. We're gonna try putting her in her crate tonight. She's already a bed hog. I'll let ya'll know how that goes. So far, so good!

Attachments

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
Hello Red Sonya! Nice to meet you :)

She's gorgeous, reminds me of Porsche when she was a pup. Are you getting her ears done are leaving natural?

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Congrats!!!! Have fun with your puppy. Yeah they like to chew, when their pups ,LOL

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
She's a cutie! :)

Jan

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
If she's anything like Whiskey was... she will chew anything she can put her teeth on for the next couple of months. It's very important to never let her unattended during this time period so you can constantly redirect her back to positive things to chew. Make sure she has plenty of kongs with frozen yummies in side :)

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
WTG with the new puppy; she's very cute. Watch out for chewing stuffy toys with sqeakers, they can swallow the stuffing and or the squeakers and get an obstruction.

Nice pics, Tracy and Mariah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts