Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We keep our house pretty cool in the winter (it's old and drafty and costs a fortune to heat). About 60 degrees F. I keep a heated throw blanket on the couch for me to use in the evenings. Well, Shanoa figured out how to turn it on for herself! She noses the button until it turns on and then she snuggles up on it. It's adorable, but I've started unplugging it when it's not in use now, just for safety. She's one smart cookie when she wants to be! Just had to share.

·
Super Moderator
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She typically burrows under the blanket when I'm using it, so she shares pretty well :)

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
:clap: I love it! It's really amazing how observant they are and what they learn, the way they think things through, problem solve and piece things together. Sometime last summer, on the brick ledge surrounding our fire pit in the back yard, there was a plastic ring, possibly from the lid of a water bottle or something, and about 2.25" in diameter. Thakoon was running around the yard with his ball when he paused, approached the fire pit (no fire), paused again, and then attempted to place his ball in the centre of the plastic ring. He missed... and it rolled into the fire pit, but still, his intention was obvious and it seriously blew me and my roommate away! He loves to place his ball into fitting places, like peoples' laps (for attention), or the shallow hole in the yard while he goes off to pee (for safe keeping), then return back to the hole to reclaim it when he's done his business. :)

Smart girl Shanoa, like a good Doberman should be! :nicejob:

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Shanoa figured out how to turn it on for herself!...this is so COOL, no pun intended...lol
- dobes this clever, most people would never get it, until you have the breed & spoil the beggers / to the perks, in life
- I read your thread post #1 to my wife, we had a good laugh together

Our AMY will stand up on the master bed and paw at the bottom of my pillow (in the middle of the night) if she wants under the covers.
- its funny how quickly she can wake me up (to assist her needs) and I am usually a sound sleeper / but not when it comes, to my girl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts