• only balls and/or very durable toys

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • stuffed toys only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rope and bones only

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • anything and everything!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Ropes/Chews/Stuffed toys but they dont all last!

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Other--Writen in below

Votes: 3 7.9%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone elses dobes have what I like to call bipolar toy love?

Mabel for the longest time wasn't allowed to have any stuffed toys, she just ripped them to shreds. Then she got a "The Dog" dalmation toy, and it was her baby!! She carried it around, played with but didnt intentionally destroy him....it was adorable! He did eventually die, after all the stiching in a childs toy can't take on a dober kill shake ;) She got a kong dalmation toy after that and same thing, so yesterday I brought up some of the "contraband" aka old stuffed toys, and there was a purple spotted cow that used to moo but just has a crunchy broken voice box now, and same thing she loves it...but proceeded to destroy a teddy bear :screama:

And here's the biggest kicker, I got her another cow today pictured below, and she loves him too! I swear if it itsn't spotted she thinks it's marked for death! But spots = love!:roflmao: she is nothing if not a goofus!!:sweat:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love it. That's so funny how she loves spots.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tyson currently has a stuffed racoon, beaver, and pheasant. All of them have small squeekers in the head/paw areas or crunchy tails. He absolutely loves these. Besides his "chuck it" ball, these are his favorites. He will not fall asleep without one of them by his side. They last about 3-6 months based on how much he destroys it with the dobe kill shake and just chomping on ears/feet, etc.

He also will try to steal soft stuffed animals that are not his (fiance) and will cuddle with them on the couch when he can.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my girl tries to kill everything. i spend more time taking things off her.
I feel your pain! I only wish I had taken a picture of the hilarious and horendous mess left behind when she destroyed one of those $20 about 2 ft long snakes you can buy! It was a stuffing explosion!!!:screama::lol2::rolleyesww: I'm just happy she is good with durable stuff and for some reason has a love for cows.....

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tyson currently has a stuffed racoon, beaver, and pheasant. All of them have small squeekers in the head/paw areas or crunchy tails. He absolutely loves these. Besides his "chuck it" ball, these are his favorites. He will not fall asleep without one of them by his side. They last about 3-6 months based on how much he destroys it with the dobe kill shake and just chomping on ears/feet, etc.

He also will try to steal soft stuffed animals that are not his (fiance) and will cuddle with them on the couch when he can.
How cute! She takes a few naps with some cow or another but not always, and 3-6 months is a pretty good time frame in my opinion! The way they can scissor something with those molars and pop a stitch shaking things I'm amazed when a toy lasts a day sometimes! :p

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Fiona doesn't destroy any toy unless Tali tries to play with it. Then I have to watch her because she'll steal it back and rip it to shreds in the blink of an eye. I swear Fiona would rather have toys dead and in the trash than to let Tali play with them. She would like nothing more than to treat Tali like our hostage, lucky for Tali I run the house and Fiona doesn't. LOL

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Mysti was great with stuffies. and usually had a favorite which she would cart around the house and take to bed. Her last was a stuffless fox she got before Nexus came along and she dragged that thing all over. Sadly Nexus and too many games of tug did it in.
Nexus loved to tear apart and eat anything not made of bone or hard rubber. And even those she tries. She isnt allowed soft toys because she loves to eat them. Maybe when she is a little older I will try again.
Bella inherited her kill crave from Nexus I think, she likes to tear them apart, however from what I have seen does not eat them just shreds.
We play with alot of bones, ropes, hard toys like the firehose, and rubber balls. Cant do tennis balls as they will explode it n a matter of a day or so.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Diesel has a duck that he absolutely loves! He takes it everywhere and sleeps with it. However the ducks only make it for a few days we've gone through 2 in a week and a half and I've only had him for 2! He's being a little nicer to duck #3 haha

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mysti was great with stuffies. and usually had a favorite which she would cart around the house and take to bed. Her last was a stuffless fox she got before Nexus came along and she dragged that thing all over. Sadly Nexus and too many games of tug did it in.
Nexus loved to tear apart and eat anything not made of bone or hard rubber. And even those she tries. She isnt allowed soft toys because she loves to eat them. Maybe when she is a little older I will try again.
Bella inherited her kill crave from Nexus I think, she likes to tear them apart, however from what I have seen does not eat them just shreds.
We play with alot of bones, ropes, hard toys like the firehose, and rubber balls. Cant do tennis balls as they will explode it n a matter of a day or so.
Mabel thankfully is just a shredder not an eater! And hopefully nexus grows out of it, from her birthday she is just a month older than mabel, and my girl and me just realized that some stuffed toys are nice and get to live!....some ;)

I recommend the orange and blue chuck it balls, they stand up pretty well, mabel and a few of her relatives can pop a regular tennis ball in half in under 5 minutes but we're going on 3 months with the chuck it :D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Diesel has a duck that he absolutely loves! He takes it everywhere and sleeps with it. However the ducks only make it for a few days we've gone through 2 in a week and a half and I've only had him for 2! He's being a little nicer to duck #3 haha
HAHA thats so cute, try looking up reinforced canvas stitching ducks, I believe kong and a couple other companies have them and they really withstand all the rough shake play, the only thing they cant take is when those dober molars get a chance to saw into them! but otherwise, thats what her dalmation is made of and he's yet to pop a stitch, and only had one ear nawed off....I knew I shouldn't have gone to pee! :rolleyesww:

Booda Tuff Plush Dalmatian Rug Dog Toy at PETCO
I've seen ducks but couldnt find one online all that fast, but thats her "Puppy",

Edit: I've had good luck so far with the Kong wubba and wubba friends too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh, I just read the post about tennis balls. Zack loved them he could smell them when we went for walks and dive into bushes to get them...problem is he popped them and one day when our backs were turned he swallowed a piece of one. It had to be surgically removed. Please be careful with tennis balls and toys with bells and whistles.
Ed

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
HAHA thats so cute, try looking up reinforced canvas stitching ducks, I believe kong and a couple other companies have them and they really withstand all the rough shake play, the only thing they cant take is when those dober molars get a chance to saw into them! but otherwise, thats what her dalmation is made of and he's yet to pop a stitch, and only had one ear nawed off....I knew I shouldn't have gone to pee! :rolleyesww:

Booda Tuff Plush Dalmatian Rug Dog Toy at PETCO
I've seen ducks but couldnt find one online all that fast, but thats her "Puppy",
That's a great idea! Would probably save me some money haha I think the people at Petco think I'm nuts cause I'm in there all the time buying the same freaking duck haha

I'll check out the Dalmatian dog too :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, I just read the post about tennis balls. Zack loved them he could smell them when we went for walks and dive into bushes to get them...problem is he popped them and one day when our backs were turned he swallowed a piece of one. It had to be surgically removed. Please be careful with tennis balls and toys with bells and whistles.
Ed
This seems to be a common problem among dobers! Definately a must to point out to all would be and new dober owners is to always supervise play with all toys! One of mabels aunts/cousins (I cant quite remember) is NEVER allowed anything but chuck it tennis balls even under close supervision because she will skin the fuzzy kind and swallow it before you can get the ball back!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of the reason I like the Cressite balls is they seem to hold up well and when they do break up they do so in very small pieces so that the first time you see a little chunk missing you can replace the ball.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Amy's favorate toys are:
- Kong 2 ft. snake with 4 squeekers
- rubber Moose with antlers and a good squeeker (bought last one in clearence bin at TSC, it is the size of a XL cuz ball)
Sons little Trevor (YorkeePoo) loves these to, and adores his own snake.
- funny to see a 7 lb dog, drag a 2 ft. long stuffy up a flight of steps, taking it to the up stairs bedroom

I have got many like new stuffies at garage sales for 25 cents each / few time when they know their for a dog, donated free.
I roll the window down on my 4x4 truck and usually get one of the kids at the garage sale, to give the toy to Amy...owners thinks this is so cute.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts